Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as Senior Patent Counsel in our Cambridge, MA
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Patent Counsel working on the Global Legal Team, you will be empowered to own your work and make meaning full contributions to the organization. A typical day will include :
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Represent IP in and establish rapport and positive working relationships with project/program teams by acting as their advisor on a variety of IP related issues including publication reviews, IP agreement negotiation and support, and other IP issues that arise in usual course of business
- Implement and lead IP strategy for project/program teams (including Global Product Teams and related sub-teams)
- Develop strategies to protect the Company’s intellectual property assets (including commercial products, development candidates, research findings and other related subject matter)
- Contribute to the development of consistent policies/procedures for IP Therapeutic Area, Regional or Global Functional Groups
- Prepare and prosecute or oversee outside counsel in prosecuting worldwide patent applications and conduct patentability and freedom to operate assessments for discovery, development and commercial related activities
- Lead IP due diligence, IP review and IP agreement negotiation support for Takeda’s corporate or business development activities; works collaboratively with BD and Business Law colleagues
- Develop strategy and participate in interference and opposition proceedings
- Responsible for intellectual property litigation strategy in the programs he/she supports
- Directly and/or indirectly manages legal resources in a cost efficient way to complete projects in a timely and high quality manner
- Identify training needs within the organization and assist in the development and presentation of training materials on relevant IP laws and related business issues
- Develop and continually expands a thorough understanding of the Company’s current and planned business activities, products, competitors, and markets and keep abreast of developing legal trends, laws and regulations
- Provide training to junior IP members; may have one or more direct reports
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Juris Doctor (registration before a state bar required)
- Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Strong technical expertise in biologics areas along with advance degree or substantial research industrial experience in immunology, targeted therapy and cell therapy strongly preferred
- Experience in leading negotiation of complex licensing and or M&A agreements
- Minimum of ten years of experience practicing intellectual property law (law firm and/or in-house), preferably a minimum of six years of in-house experience
- Strong communication, presentation skills and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel up to 10% to some international travel will be required.
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com .
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.