The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Patent Counsel to be located at World Headquarters in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.3 billion in 2013 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
This Senior Patent Counsel position will primarily support the pharmaceutical sector of Johnson & Johnson. The position will report to an Assistant General Counsel - Patents. The successful candidate will provide a full range of patent support functions, including patent preparation and prosecution, freedom -to-operate analysis, rendering opinions, managing outside counsel, drafting and negotiating license and research collaboration agreements, due diligence support for business development and client counseling, as his or her background permits. Applicant will regularly make presentations and interact with the business with regard to patent and contractual matters.
• An undergraduate degree in a pharmaceutical or biotechnological related science with an advanced degree is required.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, admitted to the USPTO and licensed to practice in at least one state is required.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of law firm or corporate law department experience is required.
• The ability to articulate and positively engage clients and internal partners is required.
• Capability to give well organized, thoughtful presentations to upper
management is required.
• A demonstrated background in molecule prosecution is required, with support of large molecule products preferred.
• Experience drafting and prosecuting biotechnology-related and/or small molecule patent applications, and demonstrated competencies in the pharmaceutical or biologic arts is strongly preferred.
• Experience in the rendering of patentability and non-infringement opinions is preferred.
• Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting and negotiation is preferred.
• Travel up to 20% both domestically and internationally is required.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function