The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Patent Counsel, to support the medical devices sector of Johnson & Johnson, and more specifically, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care. The incumbent will be based in Jacksonville, FL or New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. is the largest contact lens manufacturer in the world, the maker of ACUVUE® brand contact lenses, and has an exciting pipeline of new products in development.
This Senior Patent Counsel will provide a full range of patent support functions, including patent preparation and prosecution, freedom-to-operate analysis, rendering opinions, managing outside counsel, drafting and negotiating license and research collaboration agreements, due diligence support for business development and client counseling, as his or her background permits. The incumbent will regularly make presentations and interact with the business with regard to patent and contractual matters. The position will report to an Assistant Patent Counsel.
• An undergraduate or advanced degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Engineering is required. An undergraduate or advanced degree in electrical, mechanical or biomedical engineering is preferred.
• A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, admission to practice before the USPTO and licensed to practice in at least one state are required.
• A minimum of eight years (8) years of law firm or corporate law department experience is required.
• A demonstrated background in the electrical arts, including drafting and prosecution of patent applications in the electrical arts, is required.
• Experience in the rendering of patentability and non-infringement opinions is required.
• Experience in due diligence activities is preferred.
• Experience in license drafting and negotiation is a required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel) is necessary.
• Ability to articulate and positively engage their clients.
• Must be able give well organized, thoughtful presentations to upper management.
• Must be able and willing to travel up to 25% domestically and some travel to international destinations as is required for the job.
United States-Florida-JacksonvilleOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function