- Prepare international payroll journal entries consisting of multiple ledgers
- Review international journal entries submitted by Payroll Accounting team
- Prepare complex international accrued compensation and benefits balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review international payroll reconciliations completed by Payroll Accounting team
- Support the payroll reconciliation improvement process; preparation of templates and schedules for reconcilers to be used as a standard
- Assist with research and clean-up of outstanding items for complex payroll reconciliations; tracking progress and collaborating with international regional payroll teams
- Regularly review and submit requests for AssureNET assignment updates of payroll reconciliations
- Proficiently operating in the accounting modules of an ERP system
- Assist with non-payroll monthly close functions as needed
- Participate in global standardization efforts for policies and procedures of payroll accounting
- Motivate, engage, and provide support to the accounting operation team members and cross functional business partners.
- Monitor monthly compensation and benefit expenses, perform variance analysis, identify drivers and make adjustment journal entries if necessary
- Prepare and review schedules in support of internal and external audit processes and requirements.
- Coordinate and ensures ongoing compliance with SOX and Symantec finance and accounting policies
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA desirable
- Minimum 4 years' experience with month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis, corporate accounting, international accounting, and payroll accounting
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Working knowledge of Oracle R12, AssureNET, Essbase, and Business Objects desirable
- Outstanding oral communication, analytical and written skills
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail; organized and thorough
- Demonstrated experience in driving process improvement
- Ability to work independently and as strong team player
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to function in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work in fast-changing technology company environment
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.