Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Payroll Analyst located in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Senior Analyst, Payroll Services is a senior-level contributor and subject matter expert, performing tasks related to analysis, execution, and support of Payroll Services working with the various operating companies to be aware of potential payroll-impacting business changes. They assist with specific payroll activities (e.g., final pay, severance, STD, LTD, manual checks); help resolve issues and relay/clarify communications. Maintain the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. Lead the development and delivery of Payroll Services process training. Required to work independently and may assist in specialized assignments. Ensure that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to payroll goals, and align with service center strategies.
The Senior Analyst will lead and support changes and perform transactions to base pay related to actions such as disability and leaves, work schedule changes, new hires, employee movement, separations (final pay, severance), organization changes (e.g., M&A), job and pay changes, and one-time payment requests. Typically works on more complicated and/or sensitive transactions. Analyzes and performs pre-run audits, reconciliations, base-to-base calculations, off-cycle requests, retroactive requests, and corrections. Ensure the preparation and processing of manual checks. Review, analyze, and reconcile payroll and other payroll related data according to established timelines, standards, and procedures. Examine and verify payroll related data tor accuracy and consistency.
Handle complex and/or sensitive payroll requests and issues related to processing. Oversee and ensure Payroll deadlines are met and according to Payroll Services procedures. Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met. Ensure payroll is executed in accordance with SOX controls at all times. Create reports of activities and findings to document results and review with the manager. The Senior Analyst contributes to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation (e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes.
The Senior Analyst will assure understanding of broader Payroll strategies. Review, follow, and provide input to Payroll team objectives. Provide ideas, solutions, and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Payroll Services. Assist in the development, reporting, and review of metrics to drive performance, identity trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate
The Senior Analyst, Payroll Services will communicate regularly with supervisor/manager, team members, and appropriate stakeholders regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or processes. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels. Lead, participate in and support departmental initiatives. Seek feedback, continuously learn, and take advantage of opportunities to improve knowledge, skill, and experience. Monitor results to improve effectiveness and efficiently. Assist others where possible tor the good of the team and department. Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol. Assure that behavior compiles with the J&J credo and supports a positive work environment. Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree required, Graduate Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of previous experience in payroll or finance is required.
- Previous experience in Payroll required, preferably for a large multi-state company.
- Experience in a shared service center environment preferred.
- Demonstrate a proficient understanding of payroll processes related to time & attendance data, disability/leaves, manual checks, employee/organization changes, separations, and similar situations where "upstream" HR changes result in a payroll-impacting transaction is required.
- Experience with general payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Significant analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with customers, peers, and vendors is required.
- A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines is required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance-related matters.
- Ability to influence others, identify problems, and recommend a course of action.
- Experience working on payroll projects.
- Able to process complex information and identify solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to handle ambiguity and fluid situations, demonstrating a pragmatic approach is required.
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully work with internal stakeholders and colleagues to contribute ideas, identify opportunities, and contribute to positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in a customer service environment are essential.
- Ability to excel in a team based environment, demonstrating customer service and teamwork.
- Experience working through conflict to reach a successful resolution.
- Demonstrate ability to disseminate knowledge and techniques.
- Experience providing feedback to help others understand the rationale of desired outcomes and standard.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) is preferred.
- Experience with an ERP system required (payroll modules of SAP preferred).
- Experience with payroll applications and service providers is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft tools and applications required.
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
- There will be up to 5% of domestic travel in this role.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function