Job Title: Sr. Payroll Specialist
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
About the Role:
Sr. Payroll Specialist is responsible for maintenance of employee records and payroll processing, to include new hires, terminations, pay or status changes, tax, garnishments and timekeeping. Assists in the preparation of payroll files. Works closely with other members of HR, Legal and Finance to deliver compiled data from a wide variety of sources for reporting purposes.
- Assist in the review and verification of timesheets for payroll entry
- Audit documentation and assist with preparation of semi-monthly payroll, to include tax changes, deductions, banking information, retroactive adjustments and time sheet data
- Maintain employee information to include new hires, terminations and status changes
- Update, audit and maintain employee level tax information
- Verify content and audit year-end tax information
- Ensure compliance with all garnishment and support orders including federal, state, and local tax withholding
- Improve payroll processing proactively and continuously
- Resolve both routine and non-routine payroll problems
- Serve as a liaison to the Finance department and other departments and locations in the resolution of payroll issues
- Ensure compliance with payroll policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with benefits plans, labor laws, and payroll tax related matters.
- Creation of ad hoc reports to assist in audits, vendor verification and stock reporting
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in related field (Preferred)
- 4 years Payroll processing experience
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with ADP GlobalView and/or SAP Payroll
- Multi-State payroll experience
- International payroll processing experience
- Must demonstrate ability to solve problems and work through complex issues
- Must be able to plan and organize workload appropriately to meet deadlines.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented in their work.
- Must also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with employees, managers and other departments.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information in a mature and non-judgmental manner
- Must be able to protect all forms of highly confidential and proprietary business information and ability to maintain the highest standards of privacy and security.
- Must be able to follow and abide by all information and security policies and practice
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.