Senior PBU Buyer
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Cranston, Rhode Island
Posted: May 31, 2017
Reference ID: 1716127
COST REDUCTION INITIATIVES:
- Actively participates in development of strategy, sourcing/negotiations, global/regional budget execution and interface with suppliers/partners and internal stakeholders.
- Leads supply stream cost reduction efforts to achieve "best in class" supply costs. Leads efforts with suppliers, engineering, marketing, operations and facilities to identify and realize material cost reduction and value-improvement opportunities for both new product initiatives (NPI) and legacy designs (direct production material/raw goods).
- Identifies appropriate cost reduction ideas to meet or exceed JCI cost initiative goals and drive implementation.
- Actively participates in negotiation of Long Term Agreements with prospective suppliers to achieve year over year cost savings and build alliances with strategic suppliers.
- Conducts quoting activities to ensure best total cost for assigned commodities.
- Pursues cost savings opportunities through collaboration with supplier representatives, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and others to support Company cost goals
- Supports commodity cost reduction, lead time reduction and supplier consolidation projects.
- Manage the Suppliers within the given programs (Request for Quotes RFQ, change management, contract negotiations, payment terms, etc.)
- Support to implement strategies and actions to reduce suppliers, in line with agreed targets
- Support implementation of Global Commodity strategies
- Support proactive cooperation with Global Category Management in order to leverage volumes and common supplier sourcing
- Implement strategies and actions to achieve FY (Fiscal Year) cost reduction goals, including PO-to-PO (Purchasing Order) reductions and rebates
- Improve working capital through optimum payment terms
- Implementation and continuous improvement of standardization activities
- Under Supervision, the buyer is responsible for assigned commodities/plans with a budget of approximately $60-80M on annual spend and the respective cost reduction/savings target for them.
- Evaluates market conditions for his/her commodities, analyses spend and recommends alternate courses of action if necessary.
- Analyzes market and identifies "best-fit" long term strategic supply partners, through an evaluation of operational and quality capabilities and other benchmarks appropriate to the commodity and need fulfillment.
- Maintains supplier relationships to ensure capability of supply (i.e. capacity quality, service, etc) is in alignment with the business needs and that issues are addressed in a proactive manner. Resolves outstanding customer concerns with suppliers.
- Adheres to all Business procedures and requirements.
- Conducts Quarterly Business Reviews to monitor supplier performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) established between Procurement and the Internal Client in JCI/Supplier Quality.
- Works with Supplier Quality to support audit process.
- Addresses quality problems with Internal Client/Supplier Quality team.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as determined by the Procurement Manager or Director
Qualifications JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Supports new product development activities and coordinates program management activities over specific PBU's to ensure excellent product launches
- Support accurate and timely reporting of key measurables
- Support and implement diversity strategies
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Control and approval of all Program Purchasing and decisions in line with customer demands and commodity strategies
- Conducts front-end procurement activities, including Market Intelligence activities, identifying and coordinating with sources, reviewing specifications and requirements, generating RFQ's, and evaluating quotations for source selection.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration,.
- A minimum of 4 or more years related experience in Procurement or manufacturing environment.
- CPM Certification preferred demonstrated analytical and communication skills-both written and verbal.