Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting a Sr. Process Excellence Engineer to join its dynamic team located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (JJVC) specializes in disposable contact lenses, which are marketed under the ACUVUE® Brand name. Ever since ACUVUE transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. And we're proud that ACUVUE lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
The Sr. Process Excellence Engineer will implement key business improvement initiatives for manufacturing lines, defines opportunities, analyzes data, designs manufacturing line flows, and improves business processes. Improvement initiatives are led by enlisting and influencing cross-functional teams that deliver tangible business results through the application of Lean and Six Sigma principles, methodologies and tools. Utilizing business, leadership and technical skills, the Sr. PE Engineer will both execute projects and mentor all groups (associate to management) at the site, developing a continuous improvement culture and will adhere to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.
- Responsible for developing a strategy and executing a plan to deliver process performance improvements related to Quality, Delivery, and Cost of a manufacturing line or business unit within a plant.
- Leverages process knowledge in order to manage project portfolio activities that include identification, prioritization, resource allocation, performance measurement, and change management plans.
- Responsible for driving associates’ engagement and for developing Lean and Six Sigma capabilities through coaching and mentoring at various levels (associate to professionals) within the site.
- Sustains business improvement results through the application of Lean, Six Sigma, Manufacturing Excellence (ME), JJPS (Johnson & Johnson Production System) and other continuous improvement methodologies.
- Facilitates PEx trainings, certifications, business case definitions, and results presentations; as required.
- Follows and observes all regulatory requirements (GMP’s, ISO, FDA, internal policies) applicable to area of responsibility.
- Complies with J&J safety requirements and safe working conditions and practices in the department.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required. MS Degree in Engineering, Statistics or Business is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years overall business experience is required.
- Experience in manufacturing is preferred.
- Green Belt training required. Green Belt, Black Belt, and/or Lean certification is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in documentation in the areas of leadership, training delivery, metric tracking, and deployment of lean principles.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required. (Proficiency with Minitab is preferred)
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Understanding of accounting and finance terms, trend analysis, and business case analysis.
- Familiarity with FDA, GMP and ISO requirements.
This position is located in Jacksonville, Florida and may require up to 10% travel, domestic and/or international.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function