Prudential Capital Group manages a portfolio of almost $80 billion (as of 6/30/17) of privately placed debt—primarily senior, subordinated and mezzanine financing. Prudential Capital Group is one of the largest corporate lenders, lending $6 – $12 billion annually to middle-market companies. Known for investing in relationships, providing strategic capital and delivering consistent results, Prudential Capital has earned a reputation for its large appetite for complex transactions across the risk spectrum and for being one of the largest providers of private capital in the country. Prudential Capital’s regional office network has locations in Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Newark, San Francisco, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan & Sydney.
The Institutional Asset Management group manages the relationships with both affiliated and non-affiliated investors and performs various portfolio management and marketing functions for Prudential Capital. The incumbent’s primary responsibilities are broken into three areas:
(1) Institutional Client Service
· Completion of monthly & quarterly portfolio reports
· Participation in investor updates
· Preparation of responses to ad-hoc requests for information
(2) General Account & Business Unit Reporting
· Preparation of quarterly General Account portfolio update
· Compilation of PCG update materials for quarterly business update with head of PGIM
(3) Portfolio Management Analytics
· In depth analysis of affiliated and non-affiliated performance attribution
· Serve as backup support for duration/liquidity portfolio management support for four separate accounts (i.e. Treasury futures trades)
This is an excellent opportunity for the ideal candidate to join a small but successful team of investment professionals. While the above is intended to be a summary of the core responsibilities of the position, the incumbent will have ability to develop and expand his or her responsibilities while at the same time gaining exposure to members of PCG’s senior management team.
Requirements and Skills :
• BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or other quantitative subjects is preferred
• Knowledge of the private placement asset class is a plus
• Familiarity with Prudential's systems such as PAM & CAMPPS is helpful
• Demonstrated analytic and accounting skills
• An understanding of the capital markets (knowledge of debt and equity security terms and valuation methodologies)
• Strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills
• Solid Excel, Word & Powerpoint skills
• 1-3 years business related experience preferred
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.