Please note: This position can be filled in any of Constellation's business offices.
Responsible for customer account management and the activities associated with Monitoring, Measurement & Verification, Operations & Maintenance, and Repair & Replacement for energy efficiency projects. Responsible for data collection and analysis, reconciliation of savings, baseline energy adjustments, and verification of utility allowance implementation. Compiles monthly, quarterly, and annual energy savings performance reports. Responsibilities include resolving warranty issues, coordination of operation and maintenance activities, periodic site inspections, and identifying and resolving performance issues in a timely manner to ensure energy savings sustenance. Seeks out information about customer energy and energy related needs and facilitates additional Constellation offerings through working across various departments.
· Performs the full cycle of M&V activities across a range of multi-technology projects from inception through performance period. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets trend and/or utility data, and performs and coordinates field activities. Calculates savings based invoices where applicable. Identifies and, as applicable, directs the correction of operating variances that impact project performance. Primary author of post-installation and performance period reports.
· Serves as the customer account manager. Maintains frequent and timely communication with customers throughout the project life cycle.
· Proactively discusses customer’s energy related needs, uncovers opportunities for additional work, and serves as a liaison between customer and applicable Constellation business unit representative.
· Provides coaching, guidance and mentoring to Performance Assurance Engineers with regard to best practices and problem resolution.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with 3rd party vendors supporting ongoing Performance Assurance obligations.
· Manages and resolves warranty issues and ensures that subcontract maintenance obligations are performed in accordance with contract obligations.
· Participates in customer site training at completion of equipment installation and commissioning. Facilitates ongoing training as required.
· Demonstrates leadership in the area of safety. This requires observing and enforcing safety rules and practices, encouraging safe work behaviors, and promptly correcting conditions and unsafe behaviors, which may lead to accidents.
· Collaborates with project team during development of M&V plan to ensure that M&V strategies are consistent with Energy Savings models. Understands key drivers of energy savings models.
· Collaborates with project team to expand and optimize utilization of data analytics platform across all project phases.
· Participates in the preparation of subcontractor scopes of work to ensure compliance with M&V strategy.
· Monitors ECM implementation to ensure compliance with M&V Scope of work, and coordinates field activities associated with M&V through ECM acceptance.
· Works with project team to evaluate proposed ECM scope changes as they relate to M&V cost, strategy, and impact to Guaranteed Energy and O&M cost savings.
· Collaborates with project team to update energy savings models, subcontractor scopes of work, and customer contracts based on changes at site.
· Participates in ECM commissioning, including data collection and performance analysis through ECM acceptance.
· Facilitates the project's transition from construction to performance period.
Technical/Job Skill Qualifications – The candidate must meet the following minimum qualifications and have demonstrated the following technical or job skills:
· Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with project stakeholders (internal and external), communicate tactfully (written and verbal), and bring issues to timely resolution.
· Outstanding planning and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated aptitude for data analysis.
· Proficiency on the use of computer-based applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and project database applications.
· Understanding of building systems and components is mandatory: heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC), energy management control systems (EMCS), central heating and cooling plants, electrical systems, solar systems, wind systems and process related systems.
· Understanding of Utility billing.
· Understanding of Energy Performance Contracting principles and business practices.
· Understanding of M&V Guidelines for HUD Energy Performance Contracts, International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP) and Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) M&V Guidelines is required.
· Ability to work in a diverse environment (internal/external).
· Must possess valid driver's license.
· Must meet eligibility requirements for access to government facilities.
· Must live and work in a geographic area within close proximity to assigned Customer sites.
· Experience preferred in the use the following instruments
Ø Fluke Power Analyzer
Ø Steam Traps/Infrared Trap Testing equipment
Ø Portable data loggers (Hobo etc)
Ø Ultrasonic Flow Meter
Ø 3-Phase Power Meter
· Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in engineering and/or business related discipline and 5-7 years of work experience in the implementation and operation of energy efficiency projects at customer site locations.
· Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM), or ability to become certified, is required.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.