we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Senior PET Engineer, Aseptic Filling
in West Chester, OH
, you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Main Duties and ResponsibilitiesAs Senior PET Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring one technical process exists within the PET/Facility. This includes equipment, materials, process, and procedures with applicable validation. Leads improvement initiatives as the technical expert and acts as the first line of support for all project related work. Responsible for maintaining a strong relationship with Technical Operations and Quality areas, as well as, collaborating within the PET/Facility and with other PET Engineers. Serves as the single point of contact for all technical issues.
- Ensures there is 1 technical process with centerlines, critical process parameters, material fit for use, and operating procedures are clear and delivers a capable process
- Leads the following continuous process improvement efforts: changeover reduction, yield improvements, OEE improvements, maintenance reliability and waste reduction for improvement of automated pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment
- Ensures success criteria for technology transfer and validation is clear and the process is capable for the merge into the PET/Facility process
- Generates a variety of URS, FAT, SAT, commissioning and IQ/OQ/PQ protocols/ reports
- Coordinate and support PET's/Facility improvement initiatives that define equipment data, equipment capabilities, utilization, efficiencies and obsolescence. Manages life cycle of assets.
- Maintain external technical relationships and collaborates with equipment and material suppliers
- Identify, develop, generate and manage implementation of appropriate change controls to improve processes and address root causes identified in investigations
- Perform and maintain risk management activities for new and existing processes / equipment
- Initiate deviations and performs/facilitates the technical investigations and assessment of impacts
- Authors and review documents including Standard Operating Procedures, Batch Records, Rework procedures and other forms. Author, review and approve validation and change control documents such as master plans, protocols, summary reports and change requests
- Provides input and develops user requirements for new asset procurement
- Provide engineering and project management services
- Assist in the development of project justification and engineering proposals including providing input for capital planning process
- Identify and support technical training requirements for Operations/Engineering/Maintenance for new and existing processes/equipment
- Perform routine validation and periodic reviews activities
- Works collaboratively within PET as well as with other PET Engineers and
- Technology Community i.e.Technology and Engineering, global colleagues
- Supports and leads technical trouble shooting.
- On-call support as required
- Ke y c o n t a c t f o r r e g u l at or y i n s p ect i o n s a s technical pr o c e s s o w n e r
- P a r t i c i p a t e s in a nn u a l p r o du c t r e v i e w p r o c e ss
- P a r t i c i p a t e s in b ie n n i a l c r i t i c a l s y s t e m s r e v i e w p r o ce ss .
- R e s po n s i b le f o r p r o cess v a l i d a ti o n r e q u i r e d as a r e s u l t o f c h a ng e s to v a l i d a ted p r o c e ss e s w i t h i n th e P E T .
- BS in Engineering, or related science
- Minimum 4 years' experience in GMP or regulated production environment
- Expertise in aseptic manufacturing and isolator technology
- Training or experience in the applicable following technologies: mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, vacuum technology, electronics, programmable logic controllers, HMI, Historian/reporting, computerized systems, vision systems, refrigeration, test equipment for electrical and mechanical trouble shooting, aseptic/controlled environment, unit operations, formulation, packaging, process validation, cleaning validation, technology transfer, change control, applied statistics
- Ability to develop proficiency in all of the following disciplines: automation/ controls, aseptic/packaging equipment, process/materials, maintenance, validation
- Ability to coach and mentor peers
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating day shift
Next Steps - Apply today!
- A d v a n ce d te c hn i ca l d e g r e e o r p r o f e ss i o n a l c er t i f icat i o n
- P r o v e n e x p er i e n c e l e a d i n g a te a m o f tec h n i c a l p er s o n n e l
- P r o j e c t m a n a g e m e n t
- U s e s t h e i r i n s i g h t to c h a l l e ng e a n d a d a p t c urr e n t a p pro a c h e s / w a y s o f do i n g t h i n gs
- E x p e r i e n c e in S ix S i g m a/ a n al y t i cal t r o ub le s h o o t i n g s k il l s
- E x p e r i e n c e w o r k i n g in a LE AN m a n u f a c t ur i n g e n v i r o n m e n t
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca