Senior Pharmacist - Cypress, CA
Posted: January 11, 2017
Reference ID: 737983271
A Senior Pharmacist job in Cypress, CA is available through Adecco Medical and Science. You will need a California Pharmacist License in good standing. You will be working in a Clinical Pharmacist role in the Pharmacy Appeals Department. You will have the opportunity to work for one of the largest PBM companies nationwide. This opportunity will be a Contract opportunity to start, with the opportunity to go permanent for successful candidates.
Senior Pharmacist job responsibilities include:
• Utilize clinical skills to perform Drug Utilization Reviews and consult with customers, patients and/or physicians regarding use of medications, potential drug interactions, and clinical status for appeals requests
• Conduct Quality Assurance and verify the accuracy of all prescriptions to render appeal decision. Provide explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
• Review formulary and utilization management guidelines to determine if the drug should be a covered benefit for the beneficiary based on their medical history
• Research, evaluate, and make determinations on member and provider appeals of pharmacy coverage decisions
• Position requires excellent record keeping skills, thorough documentation, clear and concise written/verbal communications skills.
• BS in Pharmacy or Pharmacy D Degree
• Pharmacist License in good standing in California
• PBM experience required. Pharmacy Reimbursement (3rd party insurance, Medicare Part D and Medicaid)
• Experience in Coverage determinations (prior authorizations) or member appeals
**This contract opportunity is Full time - Monday through Friday with an 8 hour shift between the hours of 8am to 6pm (8 hours per day) with possible overtime and Saturday coverage as necessary.**
If you are interested in this Pharmacist job in Cypress, CA then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Medical and Science go to www.adeccousa.com.
If you have questions about the position or would like more information please contact My-Trinh Nguyen by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled