Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Position Description Senior Long Term Planning Analyst
The Senior Long Term Planning Analyst will work cross functionally with HR, Finance, Reporting & Analytics, and Contact Center Leadership analyzing historical data and available business intelligence to produce a forecast of future daily workload that aligns with the financial budget. This role is responsible for long term and midterm forecasts for various work types, including calls, email, and chat interactions across the Contact Centers. This role provides in-depth analysis, scenario planning, modeling, and ad-hoc reporting aimed at increasing transparency and understanding of the Workforce Management planning processes while leading initiatives to improve forecasting and resource planning. Guides and facilitates cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of business solutions.Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Job is an individual contributor and has no direct reports
- Develops a long-term forecast across the Contact Centers for multiple contact types based on customer requirements, business intelligence and historical trends. This includes analysis of time out of contact channel (shrink) as well as identifying underlying trends and contact drivers.
- Proactively provides in-depth analysis and recommendations across varying levels of management to improve resource utilization and performance.
- Create and compile Executive level reporting as required.
- Identifies and recommends staffing strategies required to meet service performance objectives, e.g., hiring (permanent or contractors), outsourcing, and PT/FT ratios.
- Develops staffing models, which are utilized by Finance during the budgeting process.
- Develops a long-term plan with specific actions identified to rectify staffing deviations (over/under) identified by the model to help support business goals.
- Completes root-cause analysis to determine and quantify reasons for forecast variance and recommends changes to enhance forecast accuracy and effectiveness.
- Identifies Continuous Improvement opportunities in daily work, providing recommendations on improvements related to the WFM business planning process.
- Works closely with Planning Analysts to ensure consistency between long-term, mid-term and short-term forecasts, and identifying trends and solutions to service performance
BA/BS or equivalent preferred
3-5 years of experience in a related field preferred.
- Position requires a Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of equivalent business experience.
- Experience with workforce optimization software (e.g., NICE, Verint, IEX), and ACD technology (e.g., Avaya, Cisco) is preferred.
- Ability to communicate and present analytical and statistical results of forecasts to all levels of management.
- Guides and facilitates cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of business solutions.
- Minimum of two years of experience utilizing workforce optimization tools and processes. Experience within contact center environment required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in trend analysis.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills including: conducting root cause analysis, documenting results, and providing recommendations.
- Ability to effectively communicate long term planning data to all levels of Contact Center Leadership.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with advanced formula application and database software (e.g. Excel and Access) required.
- Accomplished in and fosters the use of Continuous Improvement (CI) methodology and tools
Project management experience is a plus.Work Environment:
Work conditions are typical of an office environment.
Office job includes the ability to lift
Work conditions are typical of an office environment
Describe types of the decision made by this job...
- Independent, self-driven team member able to work in a virtual environment.
- Flexibility to travel 25% to support contact center site directors on strategic planning.
- Develops Hiring Plan
- Adjusts Long Term Model based on contact trends
- Provides Contact Center NEX HC needs to assist with Budgetary Process
Describe the impact this job and the decisions it makes has on the organization.
The Sr. Long Term Planning Analyst plays a highly visible and integral role in strategic planning across the Contact Center Organization. This role provide analysis and recommendations that aid in long term planning and resource management, which supports world class customer service at the lowest cost to serve.
Who does this job partner with externally?
Various 3 rd party vendor senior leadership or services to contract and augment internal resources or provide other services in support of project delivery.
Who does this job partner with internally?
This role partners with:
- Finance Managers and VP's
- Human Resource Managers and VP's
- Reporting and Analytics Management and Director
- Frequent interaction with Contact Center Sr. Managers, Directors, and VPs.
No direct reports, but provides mentorship and support to Scheduling and Planning Analysts
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.