McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Platform Engineer
Accountable for delivery of a portion of a platform, or project (Agile team) initiative. This role is part of building large scale reliable applications that impact the way that Capital One does’ business. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
- 1st line of Support for all Security related projects, tasks, issues
- 1st line of Support for GSOC
- Coordinate server, database, desktop clients’ upgrades
- Coordinate telephony assistance with branches
- Manage 3rd party vendors, work, upgrades, implementations, for existing and/or new equipment or systems
- Manage 3rd party cabling and electric for security equipment installations and/or repairs.
- Work with the Architecture team on new implementations
- Ensure ISRM standards and policy are met, i.e. All Access, Nezumi scans
- Maintain contingency plan for applications
- Manage and integrate with All Access onboarding of new applications
- Migrate databases to Cloud environment
- Complete TOSSG and proper documentation for IPS support
- Firewall requests
- Manage new and/or existing network implementation.
- Manage wireless integration/implementation and support
- Look for new technology to advance our security to the next level
- Manage troubleshooting issues, example may be network latency issues or cable boxes
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Agile development methodologies
- At least 3 years of experience with hardware support and maintenance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in software development using cloud based hosting solutions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.