Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people. Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Platform Operations Manager, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The Senior Systems Administrator will collaborate with other department leads and architects to create implementation designs, as well as review implementation designs of other department team members and architects. The Senior Administrator will act as a team lead over other Level II Platform Operations team members, and may represent Platform Operations in project meetings. This individual will delegate work responsibilities, provide technical and professional guidance to junior team members, develop technical action plans and project schedules for deployment. Qualifications
- College Degree or equivalent work experience. Industry Certification in a minimum of one core technology (VCP, MCP, MCSE or Other).
- Minimum four to seven years in an infrastructure systems environment, preferably in large diverse server environments with high availability requirements.
- Minimum four to seven years experience on multiple hardware platforms and operating systems (Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris).
- Expert knowledge of virtualization administration in Windows operating environments using various Hypervisors (VMware, Microsoft HyperV, AWS)
- Knowledge of client server technology (application server, database, etc) and networking concepts; able to provide tech assistance, design and implement improved methods and procedures for troubleshooting and researching problem. Advanced skill level required.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to participate in an on call rotation (includes evenings, weekends and occasional holidays as well as be available for moderate travel with little or no notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.