Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Systems and Services Division is seeking a Senior PLC Engineer. The Senior PLC Engineer will be based out of either Boothwyn, PA, Mountainside, NJ, or Franklin, MA.
Position Overview :
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
The Power Systems Automation group is a full-service systems integrator with the capabilities to integrate the necessary equipment and technologies, to provide a complete, power automation solution. This team of engineers and technicians brings extensive skills and experiences with a variety of leading HMI software packages enabling us to design graphically rich, easy-to-use operator interfaces that take advantage of the latest standalone or web-based technologies. Our experience transcends a multitude of equipment manufacturers, software packages, and network architectures, including all major OEMs HMI, PLCs, and components. We offer single point responsibility, a high level of engineering and systems integration expertise, and a unified focus on cost effective solutions, seamless integration, HMI development, energy management tools, and professional turnkey system design and implementation.
The PLC Technician will provide field service systems integration and technical consultation for customers in the areas of system design, programming, installation, start up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of automated control systems and power management systems.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Write and deploy power transfer and other control schemes including Main-Tie-Main transfer schemes, load shedding/ peak shaving schemes, breaker control schemes, SCADA system development, and generator control. Experience with relay logic is a plus
- Quote general turnkey control schemes (analyze specifications, price all applicable labor and materials, write a proposed scope of work, etc.)
Position Criteria :
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software, PLC programming, etc.
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Advanced understanding of the company’s and competitor’s automation and power management systems and services.
- Computer literacy. Working knowledge of all software packages relevant to successful performance of tasks.
- Knowledge of parts, part masters, bill of materials.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power management systems.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Experience with HMI (Human Machine Interface) software and power monitoring software packages.
- Experience with AutoCAD
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in an electrical engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with PLC programming and experience interacting with the direct customer on a technical basis and managing and deployment of power automation projects.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided only candidates that reside within a 50 mile radius of the posted locations will be considered.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with Eaton Power Monitoring software including Power Xpert, PowerNet, and Forseer
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.