About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description The Senior Portfolio Manager is accountable for championing, governing, scaling, and measuring technology delivery of assigned portfolio and should be comfortable working with hybrid processes and methodologies, drawing from the most suitable aspects of Agile/Lean. With consideration for the Agile values and principles, the focus of this leadership position is on delivering value to our Customers. We value leading teams over managing tasks, and adapting to change over conforming to plans. This role offers a great opportunity to become part of a leadership team driving transformational change.
The Senior Portfolio Manager oversees and leads a team of Program and/or Project Managers with accountability for delivering programs and / or projects assigned to a specific portfolio. Portfolios can be comprised of a broad group or collection of initiatives that are not necessarily interdependent but bound by efforts to meet strategic organizational goals, business objectives or aligned by key business leaders. Job Requirements • Actively manage project portfolio of Technology-sponsored initiatives and provide analysis and insight to the AMCB project portfolio;
• Drive adoption of Agile methodologies;
• Collaborates effectively with executives, peers and business partners on deliverables, timelines and support needed; is accountable for portfolio/program performance including quality, risk, time, expense, and adoption.
• Influences senior business leaders by effectively anticipating and exercising critical thinking and judgment.
• Establishes and/or enhances program and Line of Business governance and processes for maximum performance and efficiency
• Manages portfolios with a moderate to high level of regulatory oversight.
• Oversees overall aggregate portfolio financials, benefit realization analysis for a fairly large portfolio of programs / projects.
• Manages overall portfolio budget.
• Oversees a portfolio comprised of multiple concurrent projects / programs, including IT, generally up to and including projects at the Tier 2 level with a moderately high to high complexity profile.
• May on occasion lead the delivery of up to Tier 1 projects / programs.
• Directly manages a team or Program / Project Managers to ensure talent needs and capabilities are developed to support long term goals for the unit.
• Provides strategic guidance to business / functional leaders to ensure escalated concerns or regulatory or governance related portfolio issues are appropriately managed. Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree required
• Project Management Certification required
• 10+ years relevant experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management
• Desired/Preferred Experience - Prior experience utilizing Agile methodologies
• Exposure to financial management with respect to tracking, forecasting and managing project budgets.
• Ability to make an impact, influence and achieve results with effective negotiation, problem-solving and communication skills
• Strong facilitation skills
• Commitment to team skills development and ability to attract top talent
• Team player with ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners
• Ability to create and foster a cohesive team, and promote a positive work environment for all employees.
• Ability to think strategically and possess strong business acumen
• Proven ability to stay focused under pressure, demonstrating resilience in challenging situations
• Experienced change agent, able to guide cross-functional teams through complex change from concept to execution
• Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to cope with rapid change
• Strong leadership skills - lead by example, champion change and develop a highly motivated team to consistently exceed expectations
• Good judgment- ability to determine which issues to escalate vs. to resolve independently, and provide suggestions for possible resolution Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey City (Primary) Mount Laurel ProvState 2 Maine City(s) 2 Falmouth ProvState 3 South Carolina City(s) 3 Lexington
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.