Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our government and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nation’s interest are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. The Microsoft Services team has provided and continues to provide a vital role in supporting the successful and accelerated achievement of our customers’ objectives through Microsoft products. Microsoft has seen an explosive growth in the adoption of SQL. The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Microsoft Services is looking for a Dedicated Premier Field Engineer with extensive SQL expertise. By establishing, maintaining, and growing a trusted advisor relationship with Microsoft Customers Premier Field Engineering helps to accelerate customer adoption and productive use of Microsoft products. Premier Field Engineers provide reactive and proactive support to Enterprise Customers for the most technically complex or politically sensitive support situations in Microsoft. Primary responsibilities include providing on-site technical support solutions for customer service delivery and availability, while ensuring satisfaction with Microsoft software on the client and server.
The successful candidate will be capable of providing field technical support and proactive service presence for groups in the Microsoft Services organization, including but not limited to Premier and Professional Support, Microsoft Consulting Services, and escalation engineers (CPR). The Premier Field Engineer acts as the primary onsite technical contact, providing customer visibility, advanced technical troubleshooting support and problem resolution for Product Support Services and corporate customers, including issues escalated to the highest levels of management. The candidate will provide technical support including product technical training onsite, as well as via telephone, and electronic media. The candidate must be able to manage hot issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, being available 24x7 and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
- Deliver timely and high quality incident resolution focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer.
- Utilize knowledge of the customer environment to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Manage escalations and sub-cases to ensure timely and high quality resolution of all issues.
- Develop and implement strategies for providing proactive support resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments.
- Develop relationships with technical directors or lead architects for the supported technologies resulting in more participation in planning and improved satisfaction in support.
- Partner with the Technical Account Manager and Program Manager to effectively manage critical situations including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management.
- Develop a working relationship with Microsoft Consulting Services and Premier Field staff that results in enhanced cooperation and mutual support in achieving each other’s goals.
- Execute formal post-mortem process on closure of critical issues.
- Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
- Participate in early assist for key products in order to maintain product knowledge and ensure delivery of high quality support to Alliance customers.
- Assist with delivery of supportability reviews for your customers. Write technical articles for the Knowledge Base and white papers.
- A 4-year technical degree or equivalent work experience, plus 3 years of experience in technical support in an Enterprise environment is required.
Exceptional communication skills expected in this role:
- Technical Writing skills
- Presentation/Training skills
Customer Service Skills:
Exceptional Responsiveness to customers:
- Outstanding demonstrated ability in developing strategic ongoing customer relationships, gaining trust and respect for the company.
- Maintaining and executing Service Delivery Plans for multiple customer SQL environments to bring them to a healthy state.
- Deliver proactive onsite support and knowledge transfer on SQL to multiple customers to prevent future incidents.
- Deliver reactive onsite SQL support when requested.
- Deliver SKU services and customized workshops.
- Maintain deep knowledge of latest SQL products and configurations of Enterprise Customers by continuously increasing technical knowledge.
- Assist with other support incidents within the Global Technical Support Center (GTSC) where possible.
- Accountable for root cause analysis, prevention and knowledge transfer, identifies routine bugs.
- Possesses deep technical expertise in SQL Server 2005.
- Solves complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting.
- Examines possible workarounds and escalates as required.
- Is expected to identify customer opportunities for proactive delivery offerings.
- Handles difficult cases, involving broad & complex technical skills for two or more technical specialties.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify & escalate non-routine bugs.
- Is expected to participate in the evolution of proactive service offerings and having an overall impact on the advancement of the Service Catalogue.
- Possesses deep technical expertise in all parts of SQL Server.
- Is a recognized expert in the troubleshooting / debugging of complex issues sometimes involving multiple technologies
- The position requires a technically superior Field Engineer who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated deep technical SQL database design, implementation, optimization and support expertise. In addition, Activity Directory, Platform Technologies and infrastructure services skills are required.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Server, Identity Management, Security, and Client Technologies are essential.
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance.
- The position will require travel to customer’s sites.
- The selected candidate must be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.