Are you looking for a career that will let you work with the brightest minds in the technology industry? Do you want to be part of a global team that's changing the way the world does business? For over three decades, Oracle has been the center of innovation for business software, the birthplace of the first commercially available relational database, the first suite of internet-based applications, and next-generation integrated applications, platform, and infrastructure solutions that provide agility and choice across On-premises or Cloud environments at Oracle or the customer site. All this simplicity of IT for any size company for the same price and with the same enterprise level of quality and service. Today, Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers. This includes 100 of the Fortune 100 with a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe. Oracle's 110,000 global employees are critical to that success.
Oracle is known for the most progressive sales model in the industry, and a track record for developing the very best, investing generously in employee benefits, development, training and resources. If you have a passion for influencing technology sales, a great attitude, thrive in an environment that is challenging and rewards employees who deliver results, you should consider a career as part of a sales organization with the world's leading enterprise software company.
Senior Presales Consultant - DevOps OR Cloud
We are seeking a Senior Pre-Sales Consultant (Solution Engineer) who is an expert in Oracle's Database technology and Cloud offerings. A Sales Consultant in this role will daily present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, prospects, customers and internally supporting our sales force in Reston, VA (DC Metro Area)
. You participate in the design, validation, and presentation of Oracle Database technology & Cloud solutions based on customer needs. Previous experience as Database Administrator, Oracle Software, Cloud technology or Technical Pre-Sales is preferred, with the ability to lead technical discussions and identify the right solution for our customer's needs.Position Location: Washington DC Metro Area (Reston, VA)
As a Senior Presales Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers, while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision, through online sales efforts in a sales cycle.
- Acting as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants, Sales Development and Sales representatives.
- Developing and delivering high quality Oracle presentations and demonstrations.
- Presenting and articulating advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions.
- Designing, validating, and presenting Database & Oracle Cloud solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products.
- Developing and managing references through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable in Computer Science or Technology related degree.
- 5 years technical experience with application development for Cloud Solutions
- 5 years core hands on foundational skills based on application/middleware development with On-premises or Cloud solutions
- Networking OR virtualization experience a plus
- Proven ability in performing rapid assessments of clients' internal technology landscape and targeting use cases and deployment targets for Public Cloud technology. Ability to provide guidance in the evaluation of Oracle's Cloud.
- An understanding of application development/deployment concepts and tools that enable successful Cloud transformation and organizational acceptance.
- Enthusiasm, energy and ability to evangelize the cloud platform
- Experience in a customer-facing, role such as consultant, technical solutions engineer or solutions architect
The primary focus of a Sales Consultant (Pre-sales) is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle products and solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, prospects and customers and internally to our sales force
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision, through on-line/in person sales efforts. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Internet Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships. Support sales team in online/in-person selling efforts with minimal supervision. Develop and deliver proposed solution to customers. Approximate percentage of face to face interaction with customers to perform responsibilities is 10%
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.