The Strategic Customer Group within Johnson & Johnson Medical Device is recruiting for a Senior Pricing Manager to be located in either Raynham, MA, West Chester, PA or Warsaw, IN.
Contract Strategy is responsible for the development and execution of contracting and pricing strategies for customers within the JJMD Strategic Customer Group (SCG). Contract Strategy includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment/pricing strategies), customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Contract Strategy group works in close collaboration with the field /account management teams to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer possible and in close collaboration with the Deal Desk and Administration teams.
As the health care market continues to evolve there is an increased focus on reducing costs, improving outcomes and increasing patient satisfaction. The medical device segment, in particular, has undergone a dramatic shift in how the prices of our products are viewed in the market place, with significant downward pressure, price transparency, benchmarking and competition.
A key deliverable of the Contract Strategy team is creating a more holistic approach to contracting with our most strategic customers, which includes the development of a disciplined, defensible strategy for the pricing of our products in the marketplace. These critical roles will be responsible for developing, refining and ensuring the execution of pricing strategies for JJMD’s highest-priority strategic customers.
These roles will be focused, initially, on the DePuy Synthes business units, with roles supporting Orthopedics, Trauma, Spine and Sports Medicine. As a core part of the Contract Strategies team, the Senior Pricing Managers will be responsible for setting the pricing strategy, discount or rebate structures and channel strategies across all JJMD customers. This newly created role will work in close collaboration with the brand marketing teams to ensure our pricing strategies create optimal value for the brand in the market as we look to contract these products with major health systems. This role will interact on a regular basis with Marketing, Regional Pricing (brand), Account Management, GBI, Sales and HEMA to bring our brand/program solutions to the market through thoughtful pricing strategies and contracting options. In addition to demonstrating proficiency in the business and the customer landscape, ideal candidates will possess a balance of quantitative/qualitative problem-solving skills, a sharp strategic mind pulled from insights within J&J as well as the medical device industry and more broadly, excellent written and oral communications, and a focus on driving financial impact.
- Partner with regional platform marketing / regional value capture & GP optimization teams, as we look to translate brand strategies into channel / segment based pricing strategies to maximize performance in our strategic customers, including new product introductions, acquisitions and life-cycle management pricing
- Lead an effort, by franchise within DePuy Synthes, within the US business units to reconstruct our discount matrices and create/implement pricing strategies and governance models, in accordance with relevant brand insights (e.g. brand ladder, product profile/positioning and life cycle status, etc.)
- Develop strategies that allow for the achievement of our strategic and business plan goals related to price erosion and gross profit increase
- Develop and manage discounts across the various segments (Tiers, GPOs, RPCs, Govt, etc.) while performing big data analytics
- Support the Deal Desk team in refinement of pricing strategies (attainment) while balancing effective price management with efficiency
- Work with regional platform marketing / regional value capture & GP optimization teams, field sales/account management and HEMA to create regular updates to our contract pricing strategies as markets/competitors, reimbursement and value propositions continue to shift
- Develop key market based insights, through customer interactions and market based analytics, and translate into meaningful pricing strategies
- Complete quarterly reviews of pricing performance (attainment, erosion, etc.), versus our stated strategies and competition/market
- Act as the point of contact within SCG for all pricing related communications to our customers
- Work with regional platform marketing / regional value capture & GP optimization teams to execute the annual list price changes, as developed by the regional teams (analysis of customer impact and communication to field based teams)
- Collaborate with regional platform marketing / regional value capture & GP optimization teams to execute on program specific initiatives (e.g. Instrument Pricing, procedural pricing, capital, dual price book structures for purchase/consigned product, small customer strategy, etc.)
- Work with finance to closely analyze product (SKU) level profitability in support of portfolio decomplexity initiatives
- The Senior Pricing Manager must be able to separate out and drive successful performance across a broad range of activities. This can vary from being an advisor on strategic partnerships and pricing complex deals to developing a more narrow set of options for smaller customers
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree within Business, Finance, Economics or Marketing is or related field is required.
- An MBA and/or an advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of combined experience in Finance, Pricing, Marketing, Commercial Leadership, HEMA or related business experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years working in Orthopedics, Spine or Trauma is preferred.
- Strategic ability to create high impact price strategy by synthesizing disparate information required
- Analytic ability to understand and define critical issues (benefit/value map, segmentation, and pricing architecture) required
- Experience working with pricing structures, discount matrices or pricing corridors required
- Working knowledge and experience in statistical modeling, advanced analytic capabilities and big data preferred
- Working knowledge of gross profit, product mix and cost to serve metrics is preferred
- Ability to use detailed financial analyses and high-level pattern recognition to drive performance is preferred
- Proven experience in challenging the status quo, thinking differently and challenging cultural norms is preferred
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs is preferred
- Ability to develop sound strategies with imperfect data is preferred
- Ability to influence others and create alignment in a multi-stakeholder environment is critical to success is preferred
- Ability to create actionable strategy and implementation plans is preferred
- Strong communication and presentation capabilities, knowledge of J&J businesses, financial regulations, contracting and health care compliance are also required
- The ability to interpret and communicate complex business data is required.
- Demonstrated ability to create, cast and execute a strategic vision for change across a matrix organization is required.
- Ability to prioritize and to successfully manage multiple projects/priorities is required.
- This position can be based in wither Raynham, MA, West Chester, PA or Warsaw, IN and require up to 15% travel.
United States-Massachusetts-RaynhamOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Indiana-WarsawOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Contract AdministrationRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.