As a member of the Oracle Public Cloud network implementation team you will be tasked with building, enhancing and expanding the network infrastructure supporting Oracle's cloud offerings.
You will be working in a fast, ever changing and cutting edge "startup like" environment supporting the fastest growing division of Oracle.
If you are looking for a challenging position that will push your multi tasking, learn as you go and self-educating skills to the next level come join us! Responsibilities
Requirements Must have Skills
- Personify the Oracle Cloud Network team as a senior network engineer able to confidently lead internal/external customers to resolution of complex problems.
- Champion the Oracle Cloud Network team goals of growing and improving network technologies and support while building strong customer trust.
- Develop strong collaboration within the Oracle Cloud Network team to share
- Deploy and support data center LANs, WANs, and VPNs using Juniper MX routers, Cisco Data Center switches, Juniper SRX & Cisco ASA firewalls, F5 LTM/GTM and other hardware.
- Provide operational support and participate in 24x7 as required to update network configurations or resolve network issues.
- Collaborate with network architecture team and department leaders to assess near and long-term network capacity needs and translate into operational goals.
- Maintain and improve relevant documentation repository as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Participate in managing all Hosted network security solutions.
- University degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Hands on experience supporting the following platforms in an enterprise level environment/ISP
- Cisco ASA & Nexus platforms
- Juniper Firewalls and Routers
- F5 LTM/GTM
- Hands on experience supporting the following technologies in an enterprise level environment/ISP
- BGP, OSPF and other internal routing protocols
- MPLS, Dedicated circuits, Dark Fiber
- IPSeC VPNs
- Hands on experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Implementing fully redundant enterprise level LANs,WANs
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on and deliver multiple project in parallel
- Experience working from home and with remote teams across multiple geo's.
- Certifications in Cisco CCNP , Juniper JNCIP/SP , CCISP , or other data comm. certifications.
- ITIL experience in a large enterprise
- Network infrastructure provisioning tools and technologies
- Documentation and network diagraming
- Ability to plan and lead network maintenance windows
As part of the Network Services team within Oracle*s Global Information Technology organization, you will be responsible for the delivery of IT services to Oracle*s businesses worldwide, these services include the management and delivery of network infrastructure.
Maintain (and monitor) records of equipment failure and liaise with engineers and suppliers as necessary - and recommend / implement changes to procedures and practices. Escalate client problems according to established procedures but exercising judgment in the process. Manage the network using network management tools, analyze network performance and recommend / implement network enhancements. Analyze network performance to ensure adequate bandwidth for business needs - and implement changes as appropriate. Working closely with 'global' network team / development recommend enhancements to the network infrastructure, and enhance proactive network management tool set. Troubleshoot network problems on the campus network, remote locations and the Irish wide area network though to resolution exercising independent judgment and creativity. Perform Project Engineering including specification definition, design of solution in compliance with corporate standards, implementation, testing through to production. Respond to monitor alarms to identify the root cause of an outage and coordinate the corrective action in a timely fashion. Provide technical and product leadership to management and contribute to Global IT policy. Provide on-call support services as needed and lead others in complex situations.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience and degree/diploma in computer science or IT discipline.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.