Oracle Exadata product management team handles product management responsibilities for Exadata, both for on-premises and Cloud, along with associated performance and availability features. The team is comprised of a group of top-quality, high-energy, and highly experienced professionals, who handle product management responsibilities for Oracle Exadata Database Machine. They work closely with the High Availability and Backup & Recovery product management teams to ensure that Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA) best practices are adopted whenever Exadata is deployed. Further details can be found at http://www.oracle.com/exadata.
Typical product management activities include working very closely with customers and Engineering to define product strategy and functionality - whether on-premises or Cloud, managing ongoing strategic relationships with top tier customers, being the customer advocate within the Development organization, developing marketing plan and collateral, providing field support, performing competitive analyses, evangelizing and speaking at key conferences, etc. Being a part of this team will allow you to make significant contribution towards the success of Oracle Exadata Database Machine as well as the Oracle Database, and provide you with an extremely high degree of internal and external visibility. Brief Description
Be a core member of a product management team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, development and marketing of products and features related to Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service, and additional exciting products in the future. Specific Job Description
If you love enterprise technology, if you get fascinated by how quickly technology and the enterprise market landscape change, and you want to be a part of this process, contribute, and make an impact - read on.
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine team is looking for a top class Product Manager, to be a member of the core team behind the fastest growing product in Oracle's history. In this role, you will be working with an elite group of software developers and product managers to assist with current initiatives around developing and marketing Oracle's Cloud capabilities for Oracle Exadata Database Machine, and other exciting products and services in the future - on-premises or Cloud. You may also be expected to take complete product management ownership on selected areas as well as products and cloud services to be released in the future. If you can deliver on a regular cadence and add value to the team, this could be the opportunity that propels your career.
Specific duties of this position include the following:
Specific Job Background
- Drive the development and launch of future generations of Oracle Exadata Cloud Service that integrate high performance software in an optimized hardware configuration, and make them available in the Oracle Public Cloud, to solve challenging problems related to performance, scalability, availability and data protection
- Gather inputs from Database and Exadata customers, validate and prioritize development plan, and write necessary documents to guide development
- Work closely with Development, Cloud Operations and Documentation teams during the development process, ensure that the product functionality being built is consistent with customer expectations and that it also helps establish significant market leadership for Oracle compared to competing products
- Maintain deep relationships with key customers - as the Development advocate/sponsor for these customers, ensure their continued success with Oracle's products and in turn cultivate the relationships to develop highly effective marketing references
- Work with customers directly, as well as Oracle Customer Support, Sales and Sales Consulting teams to understand customer usage patterns especially with respect to their Cloud usage, help deployment of Oracle's innovative technologies, and improve the adoption of best practices around Exadata, Oracle Database and additional products and cloud services in the future
- Work with Corporate and Field Marketing to evangelize Exadata Cloud Service, and help establish the Exadata brand within the customer base
- Plan and execute product announcements, and help coordinate beta testing
- Provide hands-on training for Customer Support and Technical Sales personnel, as well as for select customers
- Develop collateral such as technical and business white papers, success stories, data sheets, brochures, best practices and product presentations
- Maintain internal and external web sites on related technologies
- Present at Oracle user group meetings, trade shows, customer sites, industry conferences, industry analyst meetings and at the Oracle Customer Visit Center
- Track the Database Platform as a Service market, the Engineered / Converged System market landscape, as well as similar competitive products and features
- 5 or more years of engineering / product management experience, preferably in cloud computing for enterprises, with strong familiarity around database, systems, storage, OS and networking
- Balanced mix of Cloud DevOps and database administration skills, along with relevant hardware and software experiences
- BS / MS in Computer Science or related technical degree, MBA highly desirable
- Experience dealing with a broad spectrum of IT audience - ranging from CTO/CIO to database/systems/network/storage administrators, especially around Cloud deployment and planning
- Excellent written and communication / presentation skills
- Awareness of trends and opportunities in cloud computing and potential influence on Oracle's business
- Analytical skills, with a passion to solve complex technology and business problems, and an aptitude to learn new things
- Meticulous, structured and detail-oriented, while also having the ability to see the big-picture
- Strong inter-personal skills - ability to effectively deal with various internal groups as well as external customers in high intensity situations
- A can-do attitude, with a focus on deliverables and deadlines
- Superb time management skills, especially in the context of multiple commitments
- Excellent teamwork skills while also having the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
This position is based at Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores, California, USA. This job involves US-domestic and international travel on an as-needed basis.Qualifications:
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.