With tremendous market success in our Cloud Applications, especially in ERP Cloud, Higher Ed institutions have expressed unprecedented interest in embarking a cloud adoption journey with Oracle. Student Information Systems, a critical functional area to compete in our SaaS footprint for Higher Ed, is one top investment priority for Oracle.
The Senior Principal Application Developer plays an important role in Oracle's plan to disrupt the market. This role is responsible for developing key product features and differentiators for Student Cloud. As part of the Higher Ed Development team, this role works with product strategy, product management, customers, development, UX, QA, etc.) and will also be mentoring other developers.
This is a senior position. The successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of all (relevant) Oracle, industry and related technologies, Fusion tech stack and other cloud products, and will be responsible for the continuing development of a world class, scalable product architecture and intuitive Student Cloud products which will be used by institutions and students worldwide.
As a technical leader with the Oracle Student Cloud development team, you will work on and provide direction for projects that solve complex technical problems and provide substantial customer value and differentiator. You will be in regular interactions with other key executives, leaders and developers and work with team members spread across the globe. This is an extremely challenging, very fast-paced, but rewarding and highly-visible position. Job Requirements:
- Versatile in cloud related technologies.
- Ability to provide technical and architectural leadership to a large, world-wide team.
- Deep architectural leadership experience in SaaS/Cloud as well as in enterprise software solutions.
- High degree of competence in written and verbal communication skills, including experience communicating with executive audiences.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 15-20 years of software engineering and technical leadership experience.
- Significant technical experience in a variety of languages, including Java.
- Commercial experience as lead developer of complex cross-application products and/or underlying infrastructure that has shipped and is in use by a large number of customers.
- Highly familiar with agile methodologies and experience in guiding agile teams .
- Expertise in architecting, designing, and implementing scalable and distributed systems, both concurrent execution as well as multi-thread applications for consumer like products.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Self-driven and highly motivated by meaningful and impactful work.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Passion and empathy for human/consumer centered design
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Highly results oriented, collaborative, creative and highly motivated to disrupt the Higher Ed space
- Have the drive and leadership abilities to inspire and influence others
- Ability to build relationships and influence outside of authority while leveraging Oracle expertise and resources.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.