Senior Principal Software Engineer (.NET, WPF)
Location: Lake Forest, California
Posted: September 23, 2017
Reference ID: 222517BR
Responsible for the development and documentation of complex Windows applications embedded in state-of-art ophthalmic surgical devices. These devices incorporate multiple real time and non-real time processors communicating over a common bus. You will participate in all phases of the software lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design, implementation, and testing, with an emphasis on user interface development. In this position you will gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the eye.
• Develops and applies new and unique approaches, methods, procedures and designs through ingenuity, creativity and originality to master complex technical challenges.
• Assures continuity of products and processes through feasibility assessment, research, design, development and compliance to requirements.
• Ensures regulatory compliance for all project work.
• Acts as a technical leader and mentor in the software engineering organization.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Requirements:
• BS Computer Science, or related discipline and 8 years work experience.
• 10 + years hands-on Windows development experience.
• Experience with .NET, C# and C++.
• In-depth expertise in WPF/XAML.
• Demonstrated ability to independently research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
• Fluent verbal and written English communication skills
• 5 years Medical Device work experience and MS + 12 years' experience or BS + 15 years' work experience.
• Development of medical device software in an FDA-regulated environment.
• Experience with multi-threading, and interprocess communication.
• Familiarity with hardware design constraints as applied to software interfaces.
• Familiarity with Windows 7 Embedded or Windows 10 IoT.
• Strong working knowledge of advanced design principles that facilitate maintainability, reuse, and clarity of design.