Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) Engineering group is a globally distributed team with representation in main development sites across the globe. This position will have the ability to influence and enable how ECS delivers the next generation of scale out object storage systems.
ECS, as the leading-edge answer of Dell EMC for cloud storage and software-defined storage industry, is designed for both traditional and next-generation workloads with unmatched scalability, flexibility and resiliency. With rapid growth of customer subscription, the ECS team is also expanding and providing great opportunities for world-class talent like you.
- Minimum of 7 years of technical engineering experience.
- Deep exposure to server and cloud based services
- Proven success in building highly reliable and scalable systems software.
- Proficiency in Java (& C++ preferred)
- Linux and Bash experience
- Possess the versatility, foresight and maturity to transcend beyond specific schools of programming and focus on solving business problems with the appropriate tools
- Be a team player - we are a close-knit team and the ability to interact well with fellow team members is crucial
- Lead/have led a development team of Senior/Junior engineers
- Acted as a mentor or SME for their team, with a desire to improve overall effectiveness of the team and organization as a whole
- Proven ability to make hard design/architecture choices; engaging appropriate reviews for the subject matter
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R20693
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.