Talk about a cool place to work! The SPACE team (Security, Privacy, Accessibility and Compliance Engineering) in Microsoft’s Artificial Intelligence Group (IA) is looking for a Privacy and Security Manager to work directly with Microsoft’s AI engineering teams to make sure our products are privacy compliant and secure. We support over 5000 engineers working on some of the most innovative products, such as Cortana personal assistant scenarios (Cortana on Windows, Cortana Speaker, Connected Car), cognitive services, Azure Machine Learning, bots and others. We also support for Microsoft’s Bing search and cross-company platforms such as search, speech, user personalization, targeted advertising and big data platform. This is “THE” place to be
At a minimum we are looking for a Privacy Manager, however the ideal candidate would have both privacy and technical security expertise. Azure expertise in the privacy and/or security domain is also a plus as we are increasingly working on products being made available as Azure services. Candidates should be highly motivated and passionate about user trust. In addition to privacy or security expertise, strong cross collaboration skills, and the ability to positively influence engineering teams is a must.
• Act as a privacy (and ideally security) advisor to engineering
teams. Help teams in coming up with designs that ensure
security and privacy of Microsoft’s customers.
• Perform feature reviews across our products, ensuring privacy
and/or security requirements are met, advising teams on
different options to meet requirements.
• For those candidates with security expertise: Advise teams on
secure coding practices in adherence to Microsoft’s secure
development policies and help identify solutions to meet
• Educate teams on privacy and/or security in a way that is clear
and relevant to engineers
• Understand emerging issues and apply that in day-day work.
• 6+ years professional experience in privacy consulting or in a
dedicated privacy function
• 4+ years professional program management experience
building software solutions
• 3+ years technical security expertise and professional
experience in security and engineering, consultation, or
• 4-year degree in computer science or closely related discipline
• Experience with cloud computing, online services, enterprise
software development, engineering and/or operations at scale
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills and the ability to
manage multiple ongoing projects
• Security: Experience with SDL, common classes of software
vulnerabilities such as buffer overflows, cross-site scripting,
cross-site request forgery, SQL injection, and cryptographic
• High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-
motivation, and resourcefulness
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.