Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
Monsanto has an immediate need for a Senior Process Chemist as a leader within our Chemical Process Technology team. The successful candidate should have a PhD in Organic, Physical Organic, or Organometallic Chemistry and 5-10 years industrial experience in process development and implementation. A demonstrated track record of successful project and/or people leadership is a prerequisite for this position. Each candidate must have a very strong technical background; strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent problem solving abilities; and a strong commitment to achieving results in the context of an interdisciplinary project team.
• Lead the development and optimization of new and existing chemical manufacturing processes for crop protection chemistries.
• Execute and direct laboratory scale studies focused on chemical manufacturing processes, transfer results to manufacturing sites for plant scale studies, and support final implementation and maintenance of the process.
• Work with Design and Process Engineers to identify, develop, and implement improved technology for the manufacture of crop protection chemistries and key intermediates.
• Work closely with the same groups to assure the safe and effective operation of chemical production units.
• Work in an interdisciplinary team of engineers, manufacturing, and supply chain and collaborate with outside toll manufacturing partners to achieve production results.
• Communicate with multiple world-wide business and process support/optimization teams to maximize the impact of the department's effort on the bottom-line.
• Provide leadership in development and implementation of project strategy, timelines, resource allocation, and status communication.
• Consult with formulations/regulatory personnel to insure that process changes have beneficial or minimal impact on final product.
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of PhD in Organic, Physical Organic, Organometallic Chemistry or a related field
• Minimum of five or more years of industrial experience in process development.
• Technical project and/or people leadership experience.
• Ability to study and carefully analyze in detail synthetic organic reactions in commercial operation.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently and drive collaborative projects forward by drawing conclusions and communicating recommendations to the project team and departmental leadership.
• Experience working effectively on interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced, results-driven environment and have the ability to deliver results in multiple areas of responsibility.
• Ten or more years of industrial experience in process development.
• Technical project leadership
• Prior experience leading direct reports.
• Prior experience in applying reaction mechanisms, kinetics, and analytical data in both laboratory and manufacturing plant environments.
• Five or more years of industrial experience in a similar role supporting existing technology and experience in process development from laboratory to pilot plant scale and on to production.
• Prior experience understanding and manipulating kinetic computer models for existing or new processes.
• Experience in Design of Experiments for process optimization.
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.