Ethicon, a part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently searching for a Senior Process Engineer for their Somerville, New Jersey location.
The Global Surgery Group is comprised of the following businesses within Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Biosurgery, Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Mentor and Sterilmed. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
The Senior Process Engineer will:
- Provide engineering leadership in the design, development, and implementation of automation technologies and packaging equipment
- Design mechanisms and sub-assemblies of varied machine and tooling systems
- Develop Statement of Requirements for production equipment
- Support manufacturing process development and validation for new product introductions
- Manage suppliers to insure project requirements are communicated and achieved
- Lead the development and implementation of smaller automation programs
- Lead the troubleshooting efforts of equipment during the debug and development phases
- Prepare and execute developmental and validation protocols and completion reports
- Perform statistical data analysis that supports sound conclusions and recommendations as an outcome of process development activities.
- Perform test method development and validation
- A Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years of related technical experience is required
- Experience working in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Industry is preferred
- Experience supporting manufacturing process development and validation preferred
- Ability to work in cross functional teams, strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Competent understanding of GMP’s and ISO 9001 standards is required
- Practical understanding of Mechanical and Electrical engineering techniques and principles with respect to automation is preferred
- Practical knowledge and experience using six sigma statistical techniques is required
- Good communication and presentation skills are required
- Basic understanding of control systems, HMI’s, and PLC’s is preferred
- Competent PC literacy including CAD or SolidWorks applications is required
- Experience in a highly regulated environment is preferred
- This position is located in Somerville, NJ and will require approximately 25% travel both domestic and international.
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.