As the Senior Process Engineer you will act as the technical advisor for an assigned area. The focus of this role is to ensure a higher level support of safe and reliable operations, as well as continued improvement in business performance through hazard identification, unit health monitoring, process modelling, constraint management, project development. You will be an advisor for Process Engineers within their assigned area. This job description is intended to provide an overview of the position and does not include all the tasks that might be required to provide support for your area job requirements.
This role also serves as the site Energy Coordinator. As Energy Efficiency is an area of necessary improvement for Toledo Refinery, initially, the successful candidate in this role will focus primarily on further developing Toledo's Energy Program. Specific areas include gaining a clear understanding of the Refinery's steam balance and fuel balance and gaining a clear understanding of why Toledo's Energy consumption as reflected in the EII calculation appears to be differential to other Refinery's. The successful candidate will then be responsible for using the learnings to identify actions or projects to improve Toledo's Energy use, ensuring these are sustainable. The role will then transition to the more typical Senior process Engineer role described in this job description, while retaining the ongoing maintenance for Toledo's Energy Program, expected to be much smaller in scope.Key accountabilities
- Provides technical support to the area in the form of troubleshooting, data analysis, and root cause failure analysis
- Reviews the plans for plant testing prior to seeking agreement from PE Supt and approval from Ops. Superintendent
- Owns the unit 'Base Case' Hysys/Petrosim models for the Process Units for which this role is responsible; ensuring the models are udpated following plant testing or project execution Reviews and agrees to unit health monitoring parameters and limits and responsible for assuring effective unit health monitoring, i.e. ensures parameters outside of acceptable range are recognized and acted upon
- Site CIF Lead, ensuring the Process Engineers participating in the CIFs understand their role and the importance of that role; Technology Specific GP SME for technologies of assignment
- Supports the development of operations personnel through coaching/mentoring and follow-up on requests for support and information
- Coaches and mentors Process Engineers on technical and leadership aspects of their job and jointly leads recruiting and co-op program and leads new hire onboarding program
- Backfills Unit Process Engineering roles as resource level fluctuates with onboarding
- Coordinates or leads Technical Root Cause Failure Analysis for area
- Supports the development of a project portfolio for the area
- Provides technical support for Capex project design reviews, and hazard assessments
- Provides recommendations for catalyst selection and for the site change-out strategy
- Leads Information Management and Document Control program for Technical group
Bachelor's Degree in Chemical EngineeringEssential experience and job requirements
Minimum of 6 years of experience in refining or petrochemical industry.Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- For information regarding competency needs for this profile, please search for this job profile in our Refinery Competency Assurance Tool (RCAT): http://bp1xtxii348/compassur/
- Provides mentoring and coaching for Process Engineers
- Actively participates in technology networks to share knowledge, lessons, and implement best practice
- Prioritizes and manages work to support both long and short term refinery strategy and plans
- Identifies hazards, is able to define and manage risks; process safety, personal safety, environmental, health, and security
- Open Thinking and Learning.
- Decision Making & Judgment.
- Experience providing technical support across multiple organizational interfaces; supporting Operations, HSSE, TAR, Projects, Maintenance and Reliability
- Experience evaluating data, provides assistance in troubleshooting, and provides systematic approach to root cause identification
- Experience managing technical related project portfolio for area
- Understanding of the manufacturing process including economics, commercial awareness, optimization opportunity identification and proper use of technology
Yes - up to 10%Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 92,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The BP-Husky Refining facility (formerly known as BP Toledo Refinery) located in Northwest Ohio, has operated continuously since 1919. Since that time, the facility has undergone numerous improvements to achieve its current capacity for processing 160,000 barrels of crude oil daily. Recently, BP and Husky Energy finalized the formation of two historic 50/50 joint ventures. One joint venture will develop Husky's Sunrise oil sands field located in Alberta, Canada, and the other joint venture will reposition and operate the Toledo Refinery located in Ohio. As a result, the Toledo Refinery will have access to a reliable source of crude from North America and ensure the refinery's future for years to come. BP also has large, modern refineries in Cherry Point, WA; and Whiting IN.Segment
[ "19-Sep-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.