The Senior Procurement Analyst supports Strategic Ingredients Supply ("SIS") operations by collecting, analyzing, reporting, and managing data to provide key insights for actionable improvements to the department. The position will also provide support to the Manager, SIS Procurement Information on existing and future data management tools. This position will process, extract, and query data to help make procurement decisions. This person will also run optimization software which will require query experience (e.g. SQL) to provide multi-variable solutions based upon the sourcing team's constraints. This position may also be responsible for the management of selected suppliers, including the annual negotiations. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Gather and analyze key procurement data using data collection techniques (e.g., downloading of transactional data to spreadsheet format) and create metrics in order to report results to Senior Management to be used in business plan and strategy development; Develop savings and avoidance reports, if not in place
- Extract, analyze and report mainframe / system data in order to improve supply chain efficiencies using Company sponsored software (e.g., SAP, Excel, Access, and Tableau)
- Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis in order to improve operational and financial performance
- Review ingredient inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools in order to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plants)
- Assist in the development of cost models, data collection and measurements to provide regarding product performance and services
- The position will be expected to communicate primarily with internal stakeholders but may also have discussions with external suppliers and 3rd party (e.g., consultants, industry organizations). The position will be responsible for collecting, ensuring accuracy and cleansing data provided from multiple sources for use in routine and complex problem solving.
- The position requires a deep understanding of quantitative analysis and the proper handling and interpretation of data coming from multiple sources. The position will be responsible for populating and maintaining complex databases to provide fact-based information for multiple procurement categories. Additionally, Procurement Analysts will be called upon to provide analytical support during the supplier evaluation and negotiation process. The position will be expected to handle a significant amount of data which provide fundamental support to Category managers as they develop, execute and manage sourcing strategies.
- The position will be responsible for collecting and verifying the accuracy of data used in the development and implementation of complex models and decision frameworks. In completing this work, the position will develop techniques to improve the collection and verification of the data which we then expected to document and share the processes as best practices.
- Work will be done individually and in teams. As Senior Analyst Team Leadership may be required as well as collaboration with category managers to create strategies and a set of criteria to continuously evaluate opportunities.
- A solid understanding of business acumen and bottling businesses economics.
- Develop knowledge of competitors' products, services and external environment. Collect value-added info, gather competitive intelligence info and promote sharing across appropriate organizations.
- Provide fact-based insights and analysis on suppliers of selected commodities, goods and services procured through Strategic Ingredient Supply
- Evaluate, monitor and project long-term global supply/demand analysis (i.e., capacity planning) and develop product cost models in order to ensure that Coca-Cola global and regional needs are met
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using a variety of tools.
- Protect information provided in confidence from outside sources (bottlers and other business partners) and ensure this information is not disseminated to those not directly involved.
- Protect the Company and all Company information against unauthorized disclosure, eavesdropping and legal exposure.
Bachelors required/ Master's Degree preferred in a quantitative or engineering discipline such as Operations Management, Decision Sciences, Business Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or Logistics is highly preferred.
- Related Work Experience: At least 3-5 years of data analytics, data management and/or financial analysis, procurement, supply chain, logistics or operational experience. Experience with Tableau preferred.
- Experience with SAP, including pivot tables, charts, complex macros, etc.
- Excellent to Expert Excel
- Comfortable with handling large quantities of data from multiple sources: Ability to clean data, merge databases, manipulate data
- Understanding of relational databases and unique identifiers
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- Company Operations and Economics: Knowledge of the system, business, functions, operational and/or financial processes necessary to effectively perform internal Company analyses and/or transactions
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer
- Data Extraction: Ability to extract and query data from systems (e.g., PAPA$, SAP, Focus, Billing and Promotions, Nielsen, Compass, PLUS, OPS, Messenger)
- Data Validation: Knowledge of and ability to understand and resolve data inconsistencies or variances
- Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier; Ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics; Ability to measure against those standards; Ability to communicate performance standards and metrics
- Record Retention: Knowledge of the policies and procedures for storing and retaining financial, non-financial and company documents
- Requirements Planning: Knowledge of how to plan materials and service requirements in order to support ongoing business
- Software Applications: Knowledge and use of technical software applications appropriate to the specific work activities (e.g., basic Company applications, MS OFFICE, SAP, DBS, MRP, OPS, JD Edwards, Service Source, MRP II)
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of SAP systems; strong skills in Tableau, PowerPoint, Word, and Access and/or SQL and other querying tools.
- Understanding of using intermediate macro development / VBA capabilities and RAD using Visual Studio
- Familiarity with optimization tools and basic understanding of constraint development (and preferably linear programming).
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (Tableau, Micro Strategy)
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top