Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: February 16, 2018
Reference ID: 1081781
343 Industries is looking for a Senior Producer to work with our Audio team on developing a new project in the Halo universe. This is your chance to work on one of the most exciting and creative intellectual properties in the industry with one of the industry’s most talented teams.
As a Senior Producer, you are core to the culture and productivity of the Audio team and studio as a whole. The ideal candidate will be able to balance schedule needs with creative pursuits, pushing for quality and innovation while managing both budget and time; and lead a team of industry veterans in the areas of both engineering and content to create innovative new experiences. Executing on our project’s vision takes many traits, but above all stand teamwork, leadership and a dedication to excellence. Coordinating the efforts of a large project team is a big responsibility; the Senior Producer needs to be both focused and agile in navigating the complexities of the development cycle.
As a Senior Producer in 343 Industries, you will work directly with the Audio team in conjunction with Director of Production and project leads to establish and maintain the vision, scope, schedule, budget, and resource plan.
• Ensure that the project is hitting its “fun” goals and audio high quality bar while actively managing the schedule and milestone deliverables.
• Establish sustainable processes and tools to drive the success of the Audio team.
• Manage day-to-day development issues; identify problems in advance and drive creative solutions to fix them.
• Work with and manage audio related external vendors and outsourced contracts for voice over actors, orchestral music recording sessions, outsourced audio content, and more.
• Identify potential areas of risk, create/execute mitigation plans before issues happen, and keep the team operating at a high level of productivity.
• Facilitate communication across the project team; clearly communicate tasks and responsibilities to staff.
• Coordinate and lead efforts across a large “virtual” cross-functional team including groups as diverse as: Test, Marketing, User Research, Localization, Business Development, Licensing, Legal, and more.
• 8 years producing/production experience
Knowledge, experience and skills
• Experience shipping games as a video game producer and have shipped at least one AAA game as a Senior Producer.
• Experience with game audio production (or similar) or a passion and motivation to learn the essentials of game audio production.
• Experience creating team processes. You should have experience developing and running project management processes for a game team. Experience establishing agile methodologies is a plus.
• Effective team leadership. You should be able to drive a talented team to produce AAA entertainment experiences.
• Cross-Team Communication Skills. You can work with creatives (e.g. artists and game designers), technical people (e.g. programmers), and public facing people (e.g. PR and Marketing) alike. When conflicts occur, you bring people together, you listen, you mitigate, and you resolve.
• Experience working with down-stream dependencies and handling scheduling conflicts for systems ad content that is dependent upon the work of other teams (e.g. downstream teams such as Audio, FX, Cinematics, Mocap, etc.)
• Manages Ambiguity. There is no instruction manual on how to be a great Producer. You use your instincts, experiences, and team to identify, assess, and solve problems quickly and frequently. It is the Producer’s responsibility to take ambiguous problems and develop concise action plans for the team to resolve them.
• Exceptional Project Management and Organization Skills. You are detailed and organized. You never let anything fall through the cracks. You are clear, concise, and specific. When you participate in a meeting, you clarify, capture and follow up on all action items.
• Passion for Games. Both playing video games and a passion for understanding what makes them great.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.