At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year.
HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
Provides fundamental Subject Matter Expertise for McKesson's Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) application in support of the Health Information Management Shared Services initiative. Analyzes business problems/opportunities in the context of functional requirements, and documents and develops solutions within the HPF application environment, working closely with team members in the other HPF Departmental verticals, including System Administration and Integrations, to enable the achievement of IT&S project objectives. Serves as 2nd tier escalation point and provides hands-on expertise to independently resolve service delivery or product functionality issues, frequently communicating with end users and vendors,
• IT&S Project portfolio
• Product support/Base operations
• Administrative and Other
• Gathers and documents business, user, functional and non-functional requirements. Creates deliverables independently or through resources in immediate team, and manages approvals.
• Performs detailed analysis and evaluations on current/future state, identifies opportunities for improvement, and documents conclusions and recommendations.
• Communicates requirements to internal team members and testing resources.
• Provides coaching, technical, and functional guidance on specific project deliverables.
• Identifies impact to other solutions or projects, and works with internal/external resources and stakeholders to identify options and recommendations.
• Works with all departments throughout the HPF product life cycle to ensure project dates are met and ensures timely completion of deliverables.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 4-7 years of relevant work experience
• Advanced Subject matter Experience
• Business Contributor
• Internal Mentor
• IT&S Point of Contact
• Horizon Patient Folder
• Medical Billing / Revenue Cycle Management
• Clinical Systems (Meditech/EPIC/HMS/Cerner...etc)
• 3M and other encoding solutions
• General and/or HPF Workflow Concepts
• Other HIM Technology Solutions (Computer Assisted Coding, Document management Solutions...etc)
• Undergraduate College Degree preferred (Related Information Technology and/or Healthcare Information Management Degree program preferred)
• Applied HPF application administration, including comprehensive understanding of HPF workflow concepts and development.
• Practical knowledge of at least one of the following functional areas: Medical Billing, Medical Chart Analysis, Coding, Clinical Systems.
• Able to design and develop solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements.
• Able to succinctly communicate both verbally and in a variety of media with individuals at various levels within the organization.
• Takes ownership of responsibilities, working individually or with teams to accomplish goals.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people in a problem-solving environment.
• Detailed oriented and analytical with good organizational and problem solving skills.
• Must have the ability to prioritize multiple activities and tasks simultaneously and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently with little supervision.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom