Senior Product Analyst
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
The Senior Product Analyst will provide subject matter expertise on broadening the financial and clinical research solutions, and supporting processes for the Sarah Cannon Research Institute. Primary responsibilities include strategic and collaborative engagement with our colleagues and customers to understand user workflows, define requirements, and product design while working closely with both internal and external development teams to ensure new features are implemented that address identified customer needs. The Senior Product Analyst will provide assistance to other analysts and technical team members to ensure successful delivery of the product initiatives according to Sarah Cannon's programmatic objectives.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to establish effective working relationships and manage multiple priorities. This includes collaborating with and assisting other project team members to design functional product details and changes, identify and escalate project issues, and ultimately ensure product requirements are met.
The candidate will provide hands-on expertise to independently resolve service delivery or functionality issues with the Research solutions team, frequently communicating with project team members, support resources, other supporting external vendors, and end users.
The ideal candidate for this position has a Healthcare IT product development background with well-developed communication skills. Oncology product development and/or clinical research experience with 21 CFR Part 11is a plus.
• Identifies product and process gaps and helps lead enhancement efforts focused on the Financial and Clinical Research aspects of the business
• Collaborates with business owners to determine technology needs and translates those needs into system requirements and design specifications
• Works with IT leadership in the preparation of system development artifacts such as requirements, analysis, process flow and design system documentation including user guides and system administration procedures for portal and workflow applications
• Assists in the creation of standardized programmatic reports for the enterprise
• Works closely with enterprise and site users to ensure software usage optimization
• Identifies opportunities to streamline operations and enhance service delivery
• Provides tier 2 customer support to the end users
• Takes ownership of responsibilities, working individually or with teams to accomplish goals
• Ability to multi task, given various task assignments, assisting management in prioritization of tasks
• Works with all departments throughout the product delivery cycle to ensure project dates are met and ensure timely completion of Product Analyst deliverables
• Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Values Statement"
• Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of business process improvement, workflows, evaluation of processes, business process modeling and data modeling preferred specific to 21 CFR Part 11.
• Knowledge of tools used to model, build, test and implement BPM solutions preferred
• Ability to accomplish IT project assignments, analyzing a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management on aspects of IT system development, operations and solutions
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude; customer service orientation
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies, methods, and processes
• Working knowledge of scrum and agile project delivery methodologies.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 5 years. Experience on increasingly challenging projects in business with a proven delivery track record
• Demonstrated advance subject matter experience of a service line application
• A background working with a fast paced, results oriented environment
• Some travel required but generally less than 25%
• Scrum certification preferred
• Agile certification preferred