You will be an end-to-end Senior Product Designer on the Outlook Groups design team - working across platforms while creating new features and improving existing ones, helping us to make Group collaboration effortless on all screen sizes. You will work in cross-functional teams alongside our engineers to make sure we create the experience and quality we envision for our users. You will also work very closely with Design Research to ensure we build products that people understand and love.
In this role, you will report to our Principal Design Manager for Outlook Groups. As part of our business and consumer-focused design team your work will have a direct impact on the success of our Web-based and native experiences across all screen sizes, making group collaboration in Outlook and across suites (i.e. SharePoint) effortless, and shape the future of communication and collaboration.
Furthermore, you will help us level-up our product quality through your day-to-day product design work across all platforms, and also make an impact on designing the way we work. We expect you to work in a self-directed and collaborative way, delivering direct impact through your design work. We will support you and give you the freedom you need to leave your mark both on our product and our design team. As we’re continuing on our path of bringing design to the center of our product development project at Outlook, you will have the opportunity to grow and expand your skills and responsibilities.
• 8+ years product design experience, ideally in cross-functional teams, ideally cross-platform products in a category-leading startup environment.
• As a Senior Product Designer, you will lead features from ideas all the way to production.
• Collaboratively sketching out possible variations is as much part of your workflow as prototyping and documenting your design work.
• End-to-end design skills (from ideation to full production and prototyping skills). Perfect understanding of design theory (typography, color, grid, etc.)
• Outstanding portfolio showing deep product understanding and design qualities, both UI and UX.
• Excellent collaboration skills across disciplines. Self-learning, self-organizing and self-motivating.
• Doer and maker (thinking by doing, rather than the other way around).
• Design tools of choice are Sketch, Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, Principle, InVision, Framer, Origami Studio, etc. Super powers such as front-end coding (HTML, CSS, JS), illustration and/or motion design skills are a big plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.