At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Senior Product Developer for the Consumer Health Care Division located in Maplewood, MN. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Senior Product Developer
will be a lead developer in Consumer Health Care (CHC) bringing new products to market. The position is within the Muscle and Joint Wellness group which develops solutions to treat and manage injuries within the consumer marketplace. This position works in a cross functional team environment to bring differentiated concepts through to commercialization. A successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and passion to identify and develop differentiated solutions based on consumer needs. For additional information, please visit:
include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead development projects including technology scouting to enable unique products
- Apply new technology into innovative product/process concepts, demonstrating feasibility and market viability
- Accountable for meeting project objectives, including timeline and cost targets
- Complete required documentation according to 3M procedures for medical device development
- Communicate and collaborate across the 3M technical community
- Cultivate key customer relationships to support sales growth initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years product development experience (Academic and/or other Research & Development considered qualifying)
Location: Maplewood, MNTravel: May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation: Is not authorized
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science or related discipline from an accredited university
- Knowledge of medical products, concentrating in orthopedic related products
- Knowledge of the medical landscape, injury treatments and market trends
- Experience with developing medical products regulated by International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 13485
- Experience with textile materials and/or sport products
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Ability to excel within an interdisciplinary, team oriented work environment
- Microsoft Office proficient, (e.g. CAD, SolidWorks and/or other 3D design SW) a plus
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.