At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Product Engineer for the
EMD Division located in Maplewood, MN. Be part of what's next! Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Product Engineer
will support the solar energy related products for the Renewable Solutions business within EMD. These products are based on 3M's core technologies including films, coatings, adhesives, and tapes.
This person will work with plants, customers, marketing, and product development teams. Individual must work well in fast-paced cross-functional environment working with laboratory, manufacturing and business groups and should be able to manage multiple projects effectively. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive manufacturing cost and product yield improvement projects
- Lead local and global management of change projects focused on communication, risk evaluation and execution of process and product changes
- Support local and global manufacturing teams on rapid resolution of customer complaints; including timely response, communication and implementation of corrective actions
- Lead and support quality improvement projects in manufacturing
- Use Lean, Six Sigma and Value Stream tools to drive improvements
- Lead manufacturing technology advancements
- Perform capability assessments and cost estimates for new opportunities
- Lead successful NPI scale up and launch of new products
- Drive process development, recommend new equipment and modification to support cost improvements and new product introductions
- Maintain awareness of customer needs and industry trends and translate those into measurable specifications and test methods for product development and manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum five (5) or more combined years of engineering experience in a manufacturing role and/or experience with product/process development
- Minimum one (1) year experience utilizing statistical tools in problem solving
- Minimum two (2) years of experience on working in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with outsource operations and products
- Minimum two (2) years of experience on New Product Development and Commercialization Teams
- Minimum two (2) years of experience on Quality Improvement and Cost Reduction projects
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 20% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
3M relocation plans vary. For more information on the relocation plan for this position, please contact the internal contact listed on the requisition.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.