Job Title: Senior Product Manager
Location: San Jose Bay Area
The Business Entity
Are you creative and passionate about driving innovative and transformative business model changes that would lead to business success? Do you thrive on solving complex business problems? Cisco's Enterprise Network Business designs, builds, and delivers market leading switching, routing, and wireless products. We are looking for an Enterprise Network Product Management leader for Enterprise Network and Security Product Strategy team. This team works closely with the Enterprise and Security Product Management team on wholistic, end-to-end strategic business model transformations that are critical to driving growth and Cisco's transformation to a more software-oriented company.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership, teamwork, collaborative, and problem solving skills. The person must be able to scale up to high-level market and product strategy and scale down to detailed financial analysis, licensing, and SKU creation operations work. Enterprise network industry, product, and channel knowledge is required.
We are a fast-growing group that is changing the way we sell network and security products. You will be challenged to help grow and shape Cisco's future software sales model.
Role & Responsibilities
• Work closely with Enterprise Network product management teams on defining, productizing, and launching next-generation product offer structure that drives Cisco, partner and customer business success, balancing customer, partner, product, licensing, and systems requirements;
• Drive consistency in product offers in switching, routing, and wireless that can be easily articulated to sales, customers, and partners
• Conduct market analysis, understand and anticipate customer requirements and competitive landscape in switching, routing, wireless, security and management to drive competitive differentiation, define and refine product offers, drive revenue growth, and define product roadmap
• Operationalize product offers with IT; drive requirements to support new product offer structure and business models
• Work with Channels and Sales to test new product offerings and drive adoption of new product offers
• Work with finance teams and product management teams on pricing, taking upsell, downsell, cross-sell, competitive capture, adjacent market capture into account; conduct scenario analysis modeling and project bookings/revenue forecast
• Create Market Requirement Documents and Solution Requirement Documents for offer releases based on inputs from customers, field teams, operations, competitive analysis and other market inputs
• BA/BS degree in related field required, MBA a plus
• Minimum of 8+ years of product management experience is required
• Knowledge of switching, routing, wireless, or security market and products required
• Good problem-solving skills and ability to translate complex problems into simple terms
• Strong customer orientation with the ability to listen, organize and champion key initiatives and projects
• Ability to lead and drive large team to consensus
• Self-motivated and willing to work collaboratively with a cross functional team including product management, sales, finance, operations, services
• Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to articulate complex technologies and topics simply
• Great project management skills
• Results-focused, proactive and detail-oriented
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.