Oracle Marketing Cloud (OMC) - Senior Product Manager, BlueKai Platform Reporting
Location: Cupertino, California
Posted: August 05, 2016
Reference ID: 16000VVK
The Oracle Marketing Cloud's (OMC) Audience Data Management Platform (DMP), formerly BlueKai, is a pioneer and the market leader for data aggregation, unification, and activation for the enterprise. We provide a SaaS platform that enables Marketers and Publishers to centralize, analyze, and activate their online, offline, mobile and media user data across their full marketing technology ecosystem including display advertising, mobile advertising, social media advertising, video advertising, website personalization, email, and more.
The Oracle DMP comes pre-integrated for activation and ingest with the leading global media, advertising, and marketing partners such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, AOL, AppNexus, Tapad, Media Math, YuMe, and others, as well as with the rest of the Oracle Marketing Cloud and Oracle Data Cloud platforms: Eloqua, Responsys, Maxymiser, DataLogix, Crosswise, and AddThis. The Oracle DMP platform also supports the Oracle Data Cloud's (ODC) BlueKai Marketplace.
We are actively expanding our Product Management team. This represents an exciting opportunity for an energetic BI & Reporting Sr. Product Manager to join our team to lead and help shape the Business Intelligence (BI) & Reporting products of our industry-leading Oracle DMP.
Responsibilities for the BI & Reporting Sr. Product Manager include:
• Own the health, success, function, vision, and roadmap of the BI & Reporting feature set
• Lead feature backlog management and prioritization based on forecasted business value
• Author detailed Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) and release plans
• Partner closely with software developers, engineering managers, UI/UX team members, Go-To-Market and field facing stakeholders to synthesize customer needs into successful products and features
• Lead cross-functional development teams through decomposition of requirements and iterative approaches to the best design, delivery, and support of software projects
• Represent the Oracle BlueKai DMP product to stakeholders such as Clients, Go-To-Market (Client Services, Sales, Marketing and Biz Development) and Outbound Product Managers
• Lead projects with diverse stakeholders spanning product management, engineering, and business teams to execute product development initiatives and get smooth releases across the finish line
• Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
• Perform competitive analysis, gather market requirements, and partner with product marketing for go to market activities and cross-functional training.
• Perform internal research by analyzing existing data sources and reports to inform BI & Reporting product definition and understand existing data gaps that must be covered.
• Engage and influence development teams on design and technical decisions
• Serve as point of contact to address live production issues with the BI & Reporting feature set
• Always thinking "how can I make this product / feature / platform better"
• 3 years combined experience in the AdTech, SaaS (Software as a Service), or DaaS (Data as a Service) industries
• 5 years of Product Management experience. Other relevant experience includes data analysis, technical consulting, software engineering, or program management
• Experience building large scale platforms that service millions of users
• Deep understanding of agile methodology product development processes, user stories creation, product development strategy, and the product requirements process
• A mix of strong business and technical skillsets
• Experience with BI & Reporting products, specifically the ability to define what questions will be asked of the data, and distill them to metric & dimension (filtering & aggregation) needs.
• You live and breathe data. You have an uncanny ability to:
o Look at a report or raw data source and detect data patterns and anomalies
o With little to no documentation, detect relationships within and among data sources' views & tables to formulate draft queries that make the data tell a cohesive story or answer business relevant questions.
o Get your hands dirty with the data to prove or debunk your hypothesis.
• Needless to say, you have lots of SQL experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills - must be comfortable speaking in public and advocating and defending your positions verbally.
• BS/MS in Business, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or similar degree
• Graduate degree (e.g. MS, MBA)
• Detail oriented with a bias for action and follow through
• Experience with Big Data/NoSQL data sources and understanding of the particular challenges they pose to BI and Reporting products vs. traditional SQL-based sources
• Some experience with Python or similar scripting language to optimize and automate queries.
• Technical proficiency in software development environments - past experience writing code, developing software, trouble-shooting and QA, or shipping product
• Deep understanding of the advertising technology (i.e. Adtech) and/or marketing technology (i.e. Martech) industry ecosystem and technologies, e.g. DSPs, DMPs, SSPs, Ad Servers, Cookies, Ad Exchanges
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.