Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
The Core Products Territory Practitioner is an expert, researcher, and leader. You will drive new customer success and innovation around Splunk's core products, customers, and partners across the worldwide data driven IT and Security community. You will focus specifically on optimizing for the Splunk Territory markets with an emphasis on accelerating customer adoption and improving out-of-box ease-of-use across our core products. You will partner with the ITOA, Security, and Emerging Market Group teams, the Territory teams, along with the VPs of the Splunk technical field organization to drive product and strategic initiatives both directly and through leading ITOA and Security subject matter experts. You will engage with customers and partners to deliver a cutting edge out-of-box experience, with an eye towards influencing the company roadmap and accelerating user adoption. You will attempt novel use cases and, when successful, work cross- functionally to enable repeatable sales practices and or feedback into new product development. This role facilitates customer, field, and partner enablement for the Territory teams and as such will be co-located with the Territory team in Plano, TX.
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our employees through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to enjoy your time outside of work too. Want to choose your hours? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.
As with any product management role in a fast-growing company, your day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering including tight alignment with Splunk's Territory teams.
You will be located in the Plano, TX office and will spend significant time working with customers and the field proving Splunk's value across multiple markets with cutting edge, pre release products and features, both pre and post-sales. Your time will also be focused on identifying and driving innovation back into the product development cycle, sharing and enabling the broader field in new use cases, and promoting Splunk in working groups. In addition, you will:
- Communicate at an executive level as a trusted advisor and manage execution at a deep technical level with IT operations, application development, and security professionals.
- Operate in partnership with the Territory teams to accelerate sales and product adoption and ensure product usage and adoption recommendations reach Splunk Engineering.
- Drive community interaction and promote Splunk through trade shows, speaking engagements, user groups, and grass-roots interactions
- Find and cultivate a diverse cohort of forward-looking Splunk customers ready to adopt new features and products prior to market introduction
- Directly contribute to detailed user, buyer and influencer personas in line with Splunk persona standards that are clear and actionable
- Coordinate with teams outside the product function to build comprehensive go-to-market motions from marketing to delivery
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of customer driven messaging and content
- Assist SE Specialists in delivering new product new solution training to the extended technical sales force
Are you a highly harmonious, customer-focused product management professional with excellent communication skills, and a consistent track record of success? Are you a well-rounded individual and someone capable of going into depth on many topics relevant to the domain? Can you distill complex problem landscapes into actionable work and then lead the team to get it done?
Product Management roles at Splunk require all of the above as well as hands-on collaboration with a team of engineers, QA, UX, Sales, and customers to continue Splunk's tradition of building groundbreaking products. You will be able to merge attention to technical detail with ability to understand and align to business imperatives. As part of our new Mission Team approach, you will work hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in product management or developing software
- Experience interacting with enterprise customers and understanding their business requirements
- Experience working with and driving high volume enterprise software sales.
- Capable of building compelling technology demonstrations for sales.
- Experience working with or as an IT professional
- Shown ability to lead without authority
- Demonstrated technical capability in IT Operations and or Enterprise Security use cases
- Splunk Product knowledge
- Software development lifecycle methods (e.g. waterfall, Agile scrum) and typical process steps
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Experience with reporting and analytics solutions and a familiarity with the analytics ecosystem
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Splunk. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.