Senior Product Manager, Japan
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Today, 80%+ of our growth is from international markets, and Japan is one of a handful of priority markets. As we expand internationally, our goal is to build a team that deeply understands other cultures and is able to drive value for tens of millions of members in these markets.
We are looking for a SPM to lead our efforts in Japan as part of LinkedIn's International Product team. The main goal of the PM will be to drive adoption of LinkedIn in Japan. The role would be based primarily in Sunnyvale, California, with regular trips to Tokyo. Responsibilities:
- Understand and lead analyses of the competitive environment, customers and product metrics to determine the right set of features to drive engagement and usage on LinkedIn
- Develop a comprehensive product and marketing roadmap to drive adoption of LinkedIn in Japan
- Drive global product requirements definition, product planning and product design of new features and enhancements
- Together with the Business Development and Corporate Development teams, build business relationships with other market players to create powerful products
- Work cross-functionally and with the Product Development team to bring features live to the site
- Clearly communicate product benefits to our users and internal stakeholders
- BS degree in a technology-related field
- 6+ years of experience in a product management or equivalent role (4+ for PM role)
- MS degree in a technology-related field
- Experience building web products with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development and launch
- Strong understanding of the most recent trends around consumer web usage including experience with social media
- Knowledge of the Internet, emerging web technologies and community building
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace
- Ability to manage and lead across highly cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.