Comcast Technology Solutions' purpose is to be the most valued partner to those leading the future of media and technology. Leveraging the most complete portfolio of capabilities, unmatched expertise and Comcast's unrivaled infrastructure, we help customers thrive in a rapidly evolving multi-platform world by powering extraordinary experiences to every screen. If you share a passion for contributing your talents to empowered teams, possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven by imagination and possibilities, we want to develop and grow your career at Comcast Technology Solutions.
Want to develop technology that will power new and innovative ways of consuming media? Comcast Technology Solutions is seeking an experienced Product Manager to develop and manage live video solutions from our LoDo offices in downtown Denver, CO. The solutions you craft will assist Content Providers, Broadcasters, MVPDs, and Advertisers to power the next generation of online video experiences for consumers.
You will be expected to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the digital video and OTT landscape, as well as command of the product development lifecycle, from ideation to go-to-market. On a daily basis, you will collaborate internally across the Comcast organization, as well as externally with commercial customers and partners across the Media & Technology industry, to develop clear product definition, requirements, and procedures that will ultimately realize the desired customer experience.
Although you will support all of the products and solutions in the Live Services portfolio, you will have the strongest focus on the OTT Contribution and Linear Terrestrial Distribution services.
- Comcast Technology Solutions is the result of merging digital video technology startups (thePlatform, THIS TECHNOLOGY) and Comcast's industry-leading video and broadband product infrastructure.
- We are a growing, customer-facing technology services provider with a startup mentality and the benefit of the experience and resources of a Fortune 50 company.
- We accomplish our goals by valuing autonomy, ownership and initiative within our teams, and empower individuals to act as leaders.
- We employ agile software development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban to deliver value to our customers as quickly as possible.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes a base salary, performance bonus, health & wellness benefits, stock grants & options, and deeply discounted Xfinity services.
As a Product Manager, you will establish an over-arching product vision, collaborating with the broader product and engineering organizations across t+p and CTS to ensure alignment. You will validate the addition of new features and products to your portfolio, through direct feedback, market research, competitive analysis, and financial modeling. You will manage and prioritize your product roadmap and ensure that requirements are clear, concise, and understood by the engineering and operational teams that build and support your products. Last, you will track deliverables against roadmap to ensure execution is on track and on budget, proactively identifying risk to successfully bringing products to market that will exceed customer expectations.
- Own the product lifecycle for existing products with a concentration on the live video value chain for digital media and broadcast customers (acquire, encode, store, protect, deliver). Assess new product concepts by defining complete customer experiences and expected product lifecycle costs.
- Draft and manage requirements and other supporting business documentation such as product requirements definition and user stories, in addition to customer-facing collateral (i.e. customer guides, presentations, etc.), and executive summaries.
- Assess market & customer demands through competitive analysis and market research and present options for new products to grow revenue and margin.
- Develop strategies for targeting new adjacent markets/customers, as well as strategic enhancements to products and solutions, pricing, bundling, and features.
- Partner across engineering, operations, sales, marketing, finance, legal and other key stakeholders to develop and implement end-to-end support for products and solutions. Ensure readiness for product launches and go-to-market activities.
- Own customer and stakeholder feedback mechanisms to ensure successful product adoption and support continuous feature and process improvements.
- Develop and refine unit cost and pricing models to provide insight to the business and competitive pricing. Support the budget and resource forecasting process.
- Manage product cost, pricing & profitability, and develop business strategies for new products.
- Provide ad hoc business intelligence and reporting to business leaders on profitability drivers. Assist in the development of product line forecasting and key business metrics tracking.
- At least 3 years hands on experience managing all phases of a technology product lifecycle.
- At least 5 years product development experience with large-scale customer-facing technology products.
- Deep working knowledge of traditional broadcast and OTT/digital live video processing, management, and publishing, and other related video management and distribution services (e.g. contribution, acquisition, encoding, packaging, DRM, video/web content management, metadata management, publishing, authentication and entitlements, DAI, alternate content/blackouts, DVR/nPVR, CDN/distribution, playout and analytics).
- Strong knowledge or relevant experience with linear origination, master control, terrestrial and satellite, distribution, OTT contribution, direct fiber connectivity and networking, and video compression systems.
- Strong knowledge or relevant experience with Cloud-hosted digital media products and services.
- Strong understanding of the Internet infrastructure market including hosting, CDN, Cloud, encoding, linear transport, and storage technology solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp customer needs and understand dynamic new markets.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills. Proven expertise in Excel, database applications and using analysis tools to organize data sets, develop models and perform data-driven analysis.
- Highly self-organized with proven ability to prioritize activities and manage deliverables to completion in a high-pressure environment.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Ability to manage deadlines, handle ambiguity, multi-task and quickly shift from one task to another.
- Excellent facilitation, planning, and management skills. Strong reporting and follow-up skills.
- Some project or program management experience. Candidate must rely on a practical, deliberate approach to manage his or her own work as well as others in a matrix environment.
- Must possess a strong business ethic and thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience interacting with all levels of management.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Business, Engineering, Computer Science, IT or a similar field.
- Generally requires 7-10 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.