Senior Product Manager, Measurement - Data Cloud
Posted: January 11, 2017
Reference ID: 170000OA
Position Title: Product Manager, Measurement
Oracle Data Cloud Measurement, DLX ROI
We're looking for a super smart, highly motivated product manager to own and drive requirements across our next generation advertising measurement product portfolio. Since acquiring Datalogix, the Oracle Data Cloud delivers Measurement products to a wide variety of customers in the Automotive, Consumer Packaged Goods, and Retail sectors. Effective marketers realize that good data-driven marketing requires the ability to close the loop and understand the how their marketing efforts actually drove sales and how to improve those efforts. The ODC Measurement solution leads the market with a suite of innovative measurement products that allow our customers to fully understand the impact to their business of their addressable media.
Measurement is all about giving marketers the power to understand how well their ad budget is being spent and how to spend it better the next time. We do this by connecting actual offline purchase behavior to the households exposed to digital ads and accurately measuring the lift in spend an ad drives. This is a new and innovative space and that energy pervades the work we do every day. If you like the idea of matching wits and building solutions with the best and brightest in social media and advertising-Facebook, Google, P&G or Chrysler-this is the right place for you. We are grounded in the needs of our end customers and make decisions that will help make the product more valuable to them.
As a Product Manager you will engage with a very smart, cross-disciplinary team to conceive, design and implement the ODC measurement strategy from day one, covering all bases from product workflows, new product features, methodologies and new deliverables. You will ensure our needs are being met across our tech, analytics and publisher partners, with best-in-class results being generated for our internal sales teams and Measurement customers. You are responsible for defining the priorities and optimizing your roadmap for the biggest wins. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed in an open collaborative peer environment. Fundamentally, you will be responsible for ensuring that new ODC measurement products mirror our leadership in addressable media measurement.
As a member in the product development division, you will define product roadmap and set development priorities. You will gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. It's your responsibility to communicate the product strategy and functionality to both internal and external teams. And, of course, you ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
1. Understand what motivates brand marketers and how our product can answer those questions better than any other
2. Have built, or worked on, products in the marketing/measurement arena, landing those products successfully, driving revenue and business impact
3. Data visualization is a pet peeve, or at least something that bothers you when it's done poorly, but you don't think of yourself as a full-fledged data scientist
4. You are never happy with your product - making customers happy with what the product does, and delighting them in ways they could not conceive is what drives you
5. You love working in teams - have the ability to work with designers, developers and business leaders to generate buy in for the product direction you are setting
6. 5 years' experience in relevant, innovative product management job functions
7. Bachelor's degree from a top university, or appropriate work experience working on well-known software products
8. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Bonus points if you have been responsible for measurement products in the marketing space or others
• Experience in the AdTech, TV or marketing tech space
• Have worked in our key verticals-CPG, Auto or Retail
• MBA from a top program
Location: Westminster, CO
Prior to any consideration for this opportunity, Oracle requires that you complete the following 3-step process:
• Logon to https://irecruitment.oracle.com and create a user profile
• Keyword search: TBD
• Apply for the role
As part of Oracle's standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check prior to an offer being extended. These background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).
Oracle Supports Workforce Diversity
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.