The Senior Product Manager (SPM) is responsible for payments innovation, including the client experience of the card product suite (i.e. credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, card loyalty, and ATMs). In that role, he/she works with stakeholders to determine on which card functionalities to focus, and then sets and executes the roadmap in collaboration with the Digital Channel team. The SPM seeks, defines, introduces, promotes and monitors card functionalities that develop new relationships, enhance existing ones and maximize returns. He/she works with card vendors to push payment innovation and digital card functionalities. Core responsibilities include product strategy, product development, product management, product pricing, product positioning and product promotion, as well as compliance/risk management and vendor cost management.
In addition, the SPM seeks new fintechs, tracks technology trends, and considers whether they align with the bank's payments strategy and payments initiatives. He/she looks for opportunities to bring innovative payment products/experiences through existing or prospective vendors in the payments and mobile/online industries. The SPM represents the bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- *Minimum 8 years of experience with specific industry expertise in payments, credit cards, debit cards, and/or digital banking, both operationally and strategically.
- *Minimum 3 years of banking experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have thorough knowledge of payments, the payments industry and related technologies.
- Must have thorough knowledge of agile methodologies and software development practices.
- Preferred candidate will be skilled in matrix and project management, macro and micro level thinking and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience leading and delivering projects as part of a cross-functional team in a flat organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with card systems and card vendors, such as TSYS and FIS.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing strategies for digital capabilities.
- Keen industry knowledge of innovation in the payment, card, mobile and online spaces.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Must possess excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Must be skilled with financial modeling.
- Must have ability to communicate at a strategic level with senior management.
- Must have desire to maintain knowledge through industry networking, constant research and understanding of products.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/VeteransNote
: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Note
: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
With $46.9 billion in assets, City National Bank provides banking, investment and trust services through 72 offices, including 17 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville, Atlanta and Minneapolis.