Hundreds of millions of people use Skype. Opportunities in our team offer countless ways to positively impact the lives of many millions of people. As a platform built to strengthen connections through shared experiences, Skype plays a critical part in forming meaningful relationships where people can connect and share what matters most to them.
We are currently working on the next generation of Skype which will take it to the next level! Skype Product Managers work closely with talented teams of engineers and designers to build amazing products that customers love. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial, versatile and energetic Product Managers to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company.
We are looking for a versatile and energetic individual to develop and ship delightful communications experiences on Internet of Things (IoT) devices. You'll define key metrics to influence positive growth and engagement of customers on Skype IoT devices that deliver a platform and SDK to empower device manufactures to build magical Skype experiences. You'll use those metrics to prioritize and drive the delivery of features that customers will use on these devices daily and love. You'll develop close internal partnerships with Design and Engineering and external partnership with strategic device manufacturers, as you work with them to deliver amazing device experiences to customers with great agility. You will engage with other parts of the company such as Skype for Business, Teams, Cortana, Bing, Windows to define a better-together story for Skype IoT devices.
- Define and drive the software experience powering Skype IoT devices.
- Write product specifications, craft user stories which communicate the product value proposition, and derive detailed features lists.
- Specify the developer and device manufacturer experience and functional requirements for your feature area.
- Lead design and engineering device manufacturer to deliver designs and experiences that have a soul (not just a feature list!) that our customers will love.
- Define and own quantitative metrics for your feature area. Work with the analytics team to develop metrics required to understand progress toward our goals.
- Build strong partnership with other teams in Microsoft, communicate requirements and coordinate feature delivery, for an integrated end-to-end experience on the Skype IoT devices.
More about you:
- 1+ years experience in product or program management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or IT related technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or industry software engineering experience
- You're looking to join a small, highly skilled, proven team with startup mentality and exciting product challenges.
You're an incredibly fast learner. You love a great challenge. You come up to speed quickly, and deliver, in self-directed fashion.
- You are familiar with popular messaging and calling apps in the market and IoT device landscape and ask insightful questions.
- You work effectively with external partners and love the customer, the end-user.
- Your product intuitions are derived through the lens of the customer.
- You are relentless in the pursuit of insight into how the product is doing in market - who loves it, for what scenarios and why.
- In addition to being a great individual contributor, you care deeply about the cohesion and capability of the team as a whole.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.