What you’ll be doing...
In this role, you will be responsible for managing product/solutions for Verizon products and services serving venues (e.g.stadiums, arenas, universities, malls, airports and casinos) for the Smart Communities and Venues (SCV) division. This span of this role may include determining initial product use case and market development, expeditiously working through the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) or Lean Lifecycle Management (LLM) process all the way to guiding initial pilot deployments and managing full commercial scale. This position will partner with various teams to perform these functions, however, the Product Manager has primary responsibility for the Product Success of their vertical product/solution.
- Develop the product roadmap for Venues, with an emphasis on venue operations
- Build solution business requirements documentation and obtain approvals through the Agile and/or PLM process.
- Determine gaps in existing capabilities within Verizon and source appropriate vendors/partners to fill those gaps.
- Partner closely with the Technical Solution Manager for their creation of the Technical Requirements Documents, and stay connected through them for the entire development, testing, and quality control cycle.
- Partner closely with the Solution Specialists on market creation activities to find the initial pilots with the sales enablement organization in addition to driving the success of the solution Proof of Concept and Pilot Engagements
- Develop and maintain expertise in the Smart Cities industry and identify industry trends.
- Develop/Execute strategy to deliver product globally and with alternative channels
- Develop resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Analyze complex information and present findings to executive leadership
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, Information Systems or Engineering or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 7+ years product management experience with previous work experience in IoT technology desired.
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior experience delivering complex M2M solutions, in a lean/agile/design-led development environment
- Vertical market expertise in venue space, with special emphasis on sports, entertainment or academia.
- Experience in managing multiple initiatives with competing priorities simultaneously
- Must possess financial management skills needed for forecasting, pricing and margin analysis.
- Experience in Project management
- Knowledge of the product management lifecycle
- Exceptional presentation skills using tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Excellent written/verbal communication/presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create excellent working relationships with diverse teams and job functions throughout the organization.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.