Senior Product Manager, Video
LinkedIn helps people stay informed by connecting each of our members to stories and information that matter in a professional context. Our members use us to stay smart and knowledgeable, keep up to date with news and their network connections, and indulge their curiosity. We're creating the news feed for business that will be the first place professionals go every day to get news and views they need to be better at what they do.
Our content creation tools are an essential part of this content ecosystem: every week, nearly three million LinkedIn members use them to start conversations or post news, updates and perspectives. And, of course, video lies at the heart of our strategy.
Mobile phones have transformed the ways in which we watch video. With a high resolution, high bandwidth video player in everyone's pocket, we can all learn, stay informed, and be entertained in a matter of minutes -- anywhere, at any time.
But there's more: our phones aren't just dumb screens. They have cameras, too. At LinkedIn, we are building the world's largest professional newsdesk. This newsdesk has 450 million contributors -- our members -- who will soon have access to a new and powerful format for sharing their stories on LinkedIn and with the professional world at large.
We are looking for a Sr Product Manager to drive video at LinkedIn: to work alongside our New York engineering teams to build the tools for recording, uploading and playing video. You'll own the strategy to determine how we best use video to support our mission of helping our members connect to opportunity and advance their careers.
- Develop and drive a comprehensive product vision and roadmap. Create clarity of purpose, product requirements, product plans and designs working cross-functionally with editors, designers, engineers, data science, marketing and other product teams who interact with video. You may also interact with third party companies or publishers.
- Lead analysis of publisher, company and member use cases for video, figure out problems to be solved, and grow internal product development effectively. Know the competitive environment.
- Clarify difference making issues and determine the right set of editorial driven tools and features to build to deliver both immediate and long term value.
- Clearly communicate vision, requirements, definition and plans to internal stakeholders, and be the voice (or pictures?) of video across the company.
- Support and contribute to the broader LinkedIn Content Experience and Consumer product teams: suggest ideas on future product direction, give feedback on others' ideas, and help out a colleague or team when it's in need.
- Make things happen.
- 5+ years of experience in a product management role -- with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development and critically: launch. Where you go -- things get shipped.
- Passion for content and media. You drank the Kool-aid a long time ago and you get excited about defining how people will create and consume media now and in the future.
- Experience building and scaling big projects on a large platform.
- Excellent communication skills - cross-functionality and up and down the company, whether in person or via video conference.
- Up to the minute knowledge of the Internet, emerging web technologies and how content experiences are evolving.