We are focused on empowering software developers around the world to build the next great thing. We have a family of developer tools and cloud services that are used by millions of developers worldwide to build all types of applications running on the platform of their choice. The cloud applications built by these developers are one of the key engines powering our commercial cloud business to its $20B fiscal year 2018 revenue goal. The cloud market is experiencing accelerated growth, and our cloud competitors are investing heavily to capture share. We are in the midst of a significant transformation in product and business strategy to enable us to grow developer mindshare and revenue.
To help with this transformation we are looking to hire a key strategy role in the Cloud+Enterprise Marketing team. This role will help drive business decisions and prioritization for our portfolio of DevOps products and services, including (but not limited to) Visual Studio Team Services, Mobile Center, and future new cloud services. The overarching goal for this role is to grow number of software developers building applications leveraging the Azure cloud and data platform.
To that end, this role will lead the following key activities (among others):
• Develop business strategies, models, and frameworks to help address key business opportunities and challenges
• Analyze usage, costs, and revenue data, and lead primary research activities like customer interviews, focus groups, survey etc. to build deep understanding of the growth drivers and hurdles
• Build connections across various teams at Microsoft working toward the same goal and build a shared perspective on strategy and priorities
• Synthesize diverse set of opinions and experiences, and drive alignment to move the business forward
You will get to pursue the toughest problems facing our business and present insights and recommendations to senior management in the company. You will influence the go-to-market strategy and investments, business models and help track the success of the various initiatives launched. If your core strengths include analytical problem solving, data analysis, deep curiosity, inclination to ask questions and learn, you will fit right in. We’re looking for someone eager join on a diverse team and work in a highly dynamic environment, who is excited to play different roles depending on the needs of the given project at hand.
• 3+ years of experience in a startup, software development, product management, marketing, management consulting, or strategy roles
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Capable of running analyses in Excel, Access and/or SQL and willing to learn other tools as required
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• Growth mindset - receptive to constructive feedback and eager to continuously improve
• Prior experience with or exposure to DevOps practices and/or building modern applications (e.g., mobile apps, apps leveraging Container, Serverless technologies) desired, but not required
• BS degree is required, MBA or graduate degree preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.