Are you passionate about the potential for Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and its impact on key markets such as automotive and manufacturing? According to analyst firm IDC, IoT technology and services will generate global revenues of $1.3 trillion by 2020 and will be a key part of over 380 million connected cars on the road. The C+E IoT team is leading the way with product offerings such as Azure IoT Suite and the Microsoft Connected Vehicle Platform that will transform enterprises business over time.
The C+E IoT team is a passionate, agile group with aspirations of enabling solution marketing for commercial IoT and expanding C+E sphere of influence to enterprise Line of Business Decision Makers (LoBDM) and developers. We are looking for an experienced product marketing manager who can influence engineering, collaborate with business development and drive field sales & marketing teams to evangelize our messaging and positioning for the Microsoft Connected Vehicle Platform and related offerings. This is an exciting, challenging and highly visible role where your success will have a direct impact on Microsoft’s position as the leading IoT vendor of choice to the automotive industry and beyond.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
* Deeply understand customer needs, market intelligence, and product planning process to jointly deliver the right solutions for the market.
* Build effective value proposition & messaging for the field, partners, press, and analysts, and develop content to address customer needs and land compelling business value and scenarios, and partner with technical product management to deliver the right technical guidance.
* Drive key customer opportunities to deploy the Microsoft Connected Vehicle Platform by supporting end-to-end sales process in collaboration with multiple stakeholders (corporate marketing, field marketing & sales, industry, business desk, etc)
* Define joint product & technology alliance strategy with key ecosystem players to complete overall solution and lead partner co-marketing requirements (deliverables, programs, events, etc) to maximize Microsoft & partner joint investments.
* Manage branding and naming for future offerings and features, and support product disclosures in partnership with engineering, business development, integrated marketing and communication teams
* Drive team participation at key events through the year, through development of strategy, messaging and logistics
* Demonstrated 5+ years experience in technology product marketing
* Drive cross-team collaboration with senior leaders from across Microsoft in a cross functional organization. Manage conflicts & challenges in diplomatic manner.
* Top-tier problem-solving skills with the ability to achieve results despite ambiguity, and ability to think strategically about technology and its business implications
* Experience and proven track record in taking new and innovative products and technologies to market. A master’s degree is preferred but not required.
* A track record in product marketing in the automotive or location services industry is a bonus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.