Senior Product Marketing Manager
Do you want to influence the growth of one of the largest businesses at Microsoft and drive transformation across the data industry? Do you want to help drive adoption for new technologies? If so, then the Cloud App Dev & Data Marketing team has an opportunity for you.
We are looking for a strong technical marketer to drive compete and migration guidance across our entire portfolio of data products. This is an end-to-end product management role that requires strategic thinking, cross-group collaboration and storytelling as well as a passion for technology and data. You will work closely with engineering and the field to develop and evangelize our technical competitive messaging for our database, data warehousing, big data and advanced analytics products. You will also develop and provide technical guidance for on-premise-to-cloud migrations and for migrating off competing products. You will help communicate our value proposition to key audiences with a focus on IT decision makers to drive adoption of our tier 1 data solutions. You will also develop competitive positioning relative to the current landscape and future trends.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Deeply understand customer needs for large scale Tier 1 data solutions, market dynamics, competitors and product levers to further grow our data platform business.
• Develop competitive insights to deliver the right solutions and messaging to market.
• Work broadly across Data Platform and Azure engineering, marketing teams, and field stakeholders to create technical compete and migration content (whitepapers, level 300 decks, training content and videos) that is easily consumable by corporate teams and WW field.
• Partner with worldwide field sales and marketing to facilitate feedback and drive continuous improvement of compete and migration content portfolio in Infopedia.
• Stay on top of market trends and competitors and partner with Core Product Marketing and Engineering teams to ensure a differentiated value prop and clear guidance for the field.
• Support product disclosures in partnership with engineering, integrated marketing and communications.
• Track KPIs for adoption and migrations from other solutions and articulate insights with engineering and marketing leadership in ROBs.
• Work with our field and partner readiness teams to drive readiness around Tier 1 data solutions and engage regularly with customers to gain ground level insights to the impact of solutions created.
• Provide feedback into product planning to guide future product roadmaps.
Role Readiness Prerequisites:
• Deep technical breath and understanding of our data and cloud platform.
• Ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture and to proactively and quickly learn new and emerging technologies is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and storytelling skills are required.
• Experience in leading technical and non-technical discussions with engineers, internally at Microsoft and externally at public forums and conferences.
• Strong project management, leadership, management and cross-group collaboration skills are critical to your success in this position.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or some related discipline is preferred.
• 5+ years of technical product marketing / product management experience.
• Some travel required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.