Senior Product Marketing Manager (Director) Global Oracle Cloud GTM Product Marketing, Public Cloud Security
Are you passionate about Oracle's strategy to lead in the cloud-first world? Do you love to compete? Do you thrive in dynamic environments where the market landscape is constantly changing and you need to anticipate competitors' moves? Are you excited by the opportunity to make Oracle the #1 cloud platform in the market?
The global Oracle Cloud Go to Market product marketing team is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Director / Solution Specialist to help develop a marketing strategy that includes messaging, market intelligence, sales enablement, and go to market efforts relative to key security segments and in particular, our new identity cloud service. This role requires product expertise, business and marketing savvy and close collaboration with stakeholders across marketing, product development and field sales teams.
As a product marketer / solution specialist at Oracle, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of cloud GTM marketing specifications for Cloud Security
- Managing marketing activities within the overall corporate plan to meet company objectives
- Managing the development of business plans and monitoring results
- Managing product lifecycles and positioning in the market place
- Identifying customer needs, overseeing market research, and monitoring market trends and competitive landscape
- Implementing and monitoring field sales plays and integrated marketing campaigns
- Acting as a technical advisor for specific product(s), including public speaking
- Initiating and fostering relationships with development, sales, and other groups to create new products or enhance functionality of existing product(s) or product line(s)
- Ensuring successful product releases based on corporate priorities
- Directing the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers
- Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy.
As a cloud security leader, your key responsibilities will include:
- Defining the strategy and framework for our global cloud security services GTM program
- Analyzing competitors' strategy, including a deep understanding of competitors' product portfolios down to feature level expertise
- Identifying opportunities to out-position competitors based on areas of product differentiation, both in the short and long term
- Building technical content to help customers understand Oracle vs. competitor's offerings
- Defining and creating content bill of materials, including use cases, detailed personas, key themes, customer lifecycle messaging, differentiated value propositions and ROI, field communications and sales enablement readiness in partnership with other product marketing managers, product management and field sales teams.
- Relationship management and development with larger GTM team, as well as the corporate marketing organization, including advertising, digital, communication, integrated marketing to put marketing plans into action
- Deep Technical knowledge of Oracle cloud solutions, including the ability to demonstrate Oracle security solutions and understand competitor's products and services
- Extensive security and cloud security background with cloud security services experience
- 10 years of identity management, database security and other security technology expertise
- The ability to work across teams (engineering, marketing, sales and services) to ensure appropriate promotion of competitive differentiation through the right channels
- Demonstrated bias for action and driving results
- At least 3 to 5 years' experience in roles such as marketing or sales, evangelism, program management, etc. within the information technology (IT) industry
The candidate should also have:
- B.A./B.S in Computer Science or Engineering (preferred), Marketing or related field
- M.B.A. preferred (or equivalent in related work experience)
Prefer candidates based near Oracle HQ in SF Bay area. Travel Component :
Approx. 15-40% Global travel Contact:
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). Please note: This position can also be found on oracle.com/careers, requisition ID 16000W9X
O racle supports workforce diversity and is an equal employment opportunity employer Qualifications:
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Ability to work with Executives. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Creative, energetic, and enthusiastic. Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Basic HTML and web technology skills a plus. BA/BS/MBA degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.